the Rift

[OPEN] Cold skin and echoes

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

The anger that rolls off the star speckled mare is hot. It brands Ampere in the form of the girl's tongue, and it's a sobering effect. Surprised, Ampere's head lifts back up, milky and distant stare rapidly clearing into something sharper and more direct. It's an unusual thing, to be the source of an ire that you cannot place, a wrath that feels unjust. All the times Ampere has collected and withstood the anger of others, she always expected it, begged for it even. Sometimes it was the best way to have a conversation with Maren. This time though she could only regard the mare and her unusual temper with a confused haze, yet there was an equal sensation of content that pervaded Ampere,

It was, in a sense, the feeling of being kicked while down.
Not in any cruel way, but rather the lack of gentle coddling and concerned cooing. Serenity did not regard Ampere as if her psyche were a fragile egg. She was ruthless in pinning Ampere down and demanding, reprimanding. It was what he would have done if he saw her now.

She probably doesn't even know.

The thought crosses Ampere's mind like an angry lash, cutting across the comfort that was descending on her so that it hurt all over again. So as Serenity softens and comes closer, Ampere has hardened. "Gaucho was alive back then," Ampere spat, her ears falling back. "Which you would have known if you were ever around."

"What we were back then was friends, family, but time and again you left." The edge of her voice thickened, grief creeping in where the heat of anger had burned itself out. "I mean you left - where the fuck have you been!? How do you just come back and hit on me like I've done wrong when you leave for years!"

Ampere had begun to rise somewhere among her tirade, which was a graceless act. She swayed unsteadily throughout the process, and paused in a sitting position to catch her balance. It seemed in that pause she caught some significant that Serenity had said too, because she glanced back oddly to the mare.

"You said you forgot?"
Wasn't much to remember.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

@Serenity

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 11-19-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Serenity - 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 12-24-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Serenity - 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 01-07-2017, 01:50 AM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Serenity - 02-01-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 02-06-2017, 04:38 PM