the Rift

[OPEN] Cold skin and echoes

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Sing to me the song of the stars
Of your galaxy
She expected the backlash. She didn't have to know Ampere to sense that she was a proud figure amid the rest of the world; she knew she would be treated to the same hot whip that she had just given. The muddled-turned-sharp gaze Ampere laid upon her brought a small smirk onto her lips; the clear surprise at her outburst showed that she most likely hadn't had many before--at least not that the smaller mare had seen. And while Serenity couldn't remember the time then either, vague memories brought her back to her childhood in slavery. There, at least, she'd had enough attitude to escape beneath the unicorns' watch.

But when the words behind the look finally emerged, Serenity's mind numbed and the upward curve of her lips faltered. Gaucho? The emotion spilled with just that name sent her reeling back through fuzzy memories to search for the connection, but she would only come up empty handed. She didn't know of the kind of relationship Ampere had had with him, but given her malice within her reaction the golden girl could only imagine they were close. Of course, that wasn't the thing she had meant to illicit but it was done and seemed to sober them both up out of their individual stupors.

She, at least, was stunned into silence while her question lingered between them.

The connection she felt with Ampere, then, was justified as the woman spoke and revealed the nature of their shared past. But it was all lost upon her, and she wasn't sure anymore if their bond was something that could be repaired.
The bitterness at her leaving, however, might have been enough to sever the potential completely; Serenity could only admit defeat there, despite not remembering why she had left in the first place. Something had pushed her to her brink though, and trying to delve into that time brought something heavy slinking to the forefront. "There was... a darkness. Death." But it was all she could recall.

With Ampere's full focus settled on her, Serenity remained unmoved beneath her much clearer gaze. A realization seemed to hit her, calming her enough for an easier conversation. "Yes. It would seem before you found me that first time, I took enough damage from the storm to lose any previous memories of being here..." She paused, a slight apologetic shrug interrupting her solidified position on the stone floor. "I remember the time before that, but until you and Torleik had recognized me I had no idea I was here before."

Star-riddled head rising, gold eyes wavered uneasily on her companion. "I have not gotten any of those memories back." That was when she went off in search of Gaucho, she wanted to say, but instead she remained quiet and let the weight of their words hang over them.
CREDIT

dont mind me just another month late as usual :')

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 11-19-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Serenity - 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 12-24-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Serenity - 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 01-07-2017, 01:50 AM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Serenity - 02-01-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: Cold skin and echoes - by Ampere - 02-06-2017, 04:38 PM