the Rift

[OPEN] Take me away and make it OK

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Kiada

Sweat beaded up and slid down her buckskin hide, her eyes were eager and hungry for information if Iskra were to have any. Yet upon her arrival he seemed to straighten himself out, feathers puffing and chest heaving in a proud display of height. The filly wanted to laugh, but instead she simply offered the boy a brilliantly white smile. As she watched Iskra, however, his attention seemed to slip past her and aim straight for Khairi as he perched himself proudly – imitating the colt, perhaps a big mockingly, as he ruffled his own feathers and puffed his chest out in a display of ‘yes, I’m also badass too’ as his raptor gaze landed on the boy. The flames from her spine danced and melded around him, illuminating him in the light they gave off.

Then, he seemed to remember she had asked him a question. “I’ve never seen anyone like you!” Her lips began to form a frown slightly, her gaze drifting from the boy as he began to speak once again with an apologetic tone and smile. Her frown lingered a bit more as she nodded in response to his question. “Yeah, I have a twin brother.” She admitted, returning her own darkened blue eyes to the colt made of electricity, slightly staring at the place where it had seemed to slide off and twinkle away in the earth. “He’s been missing for a whole season now, I’ve been trying to look for him.” She decided the extra information might help if he were to find her brother at some point.

Hey, doesn’t that fire hurt?” Oh, this question again. Her eyes lifted from the dusty earth to spot his own face marked with a brilliant color of gold that caused a small pang in her chest to start as it reminded her of her mother. Shoving that thought to the side the best she could, she shook her head. “No, it doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t hurt others either. It’s just there. The animals that show up on it show how I’m feeling, so it can be a pain sometimes.” Kiada shrugged her shoulders to him offering an apologetic smile. “Yes, this is Khairi! I found him when I was a month old, my brother and I found our companions together.” Her voice was calm but oddly happy as she craned her head to nuzzle Khairi slightly. His white wings spreading to keep balance as her inky head collided with his.

But then, a very familiar voice appeared behind her. Turning slightly, she looked to see the familiar blue mare that had taught her a few things of being a healer. Immediately a smile reached her pink splattered lips. “Miss Tia! Thank you. It’s been nice living with Father, I’ve learned a lot.” She noted, bright blue eyes searching the ocean mare and seeing her companion with a nod. The gentle touch of the mare’s velveteen muzzle on her forehead seemed soothing – and where Kiada usually refused her mother to do such things, it was rather nice to see the affection Tiamat gave.

Her attention was then on Iskra, then to the water the boy might have apparently been looking for. Her magic called water up from the earth, and Kiada found her eyes following it with envy of having useful magic. Though she made no direct note outside of her mind, simply just retaining the mask of happiness and excitement at this most strange reunion. The oceanic healer offered water to her, and while her sweat was beginning to dry, she nodded and obliged, sipping water from the strange orb, surprise lacing through her that it wasn’t salty at all. She trusted Tiamat, but it was something that she truly wasn’t sure of.

When all the antics died down, the boy seemed very curious of Tiamat’s companion. Khairi seemed to withdraw slightly into himself, his raptor gaze trailing between the whale and the boy while Kiada couldn’t help but to laugh at what Iskra had said. Yet, she felt as though there were some curiosities that she had about her former home, and with that in mind she turned her head to the oceanic mare. “How has the Basin been since we’ve left, Miss Tia? We still haven’t found Kianzo. He’s been missing since before the festival.” Another frown landed on her lips before turning her head to Iskra. “Wait, where are you from? I’m from the Edge, but I used to live in the Basin with Miss Tia!” She tilted her head, awaiting an answer.

"Talk."

img by Mar <3 || coding by Smitty <3

Tiny bit all over the place but amg, she couldn't stop either. xD @Tiamat

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
Take me away and make it OK - by Iskra - 11-19-2016, 10:22 PM
RE: Take me away and make it OK - by Kiada - 11-20-2016, 03:22 AM
RE: Take me away and make it OK - by Tiamat - 11-24-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Take me away and make it OK - by Iskra - 11-26-2016, 01:02 PM