the Rift

Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
the cigarettes you light one after another
won’t help you forget her
I tucked my soft muzzle under my wing, squeezing my eyes closed as I suppressed a violent sneeze. The feeling passed, though it left me with a reverberating, dizzy head. The past couple seasons had been rough on my health, but I hadn't sought out a healer to aid my illness. 'It's just a cold,' I told myself over and over again, though I fell short on my duties until I had all but abandoned them.

Fortunately, whatever illness that had infected me had passed for the most part and I was ready to return to my work. I prowled the borders, pale amber gaze sharp, making sure there were none trying to infiltrate the herd I had pledge my allegiance to (though as the seasons passed, I had more frequently began to ask myself why, exactly, I stayed here—in the beginning, it was for the sake of keeping peace with my mother, but I never saw her anyways). It was then that I heard a bellowing call, a fierce beckoning within my own borders.

I paused, flicking my ears back, brow furrowing at the sound. Whoever it was called for those who fight, for the protectors. That's you. I sighed, beginning my trek through the trees in search of the origin of the call.

The scene I arrived upon was well underway once I showed up. My pale ears swiveled backwards, amber gaze rolling over the mares present. I ruffled my feathers awkwardly, realizing the last time I had seen Ros (the only time I had seen her before, actually) was when I was a child, right after the Falls was invaded. I could only guess how weak I looked that day in comparison to my strong, explosive sister. How many empty promises had I made in those days?

"Auriel, Sergeant," I stated simply with a hazy plume of smoke pouring from my lips. I aimed my terse introduction at the pegasus I didn't know, but my eyes remained on the ground, though I made it a point to not look cowardly. At the very least, I held my head high.

auri shows up late but at least she shows up? ^^;
image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Roskuld - 11-20-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Nyx - 11-20-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Ru - 11-21-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Nyx - 12-17-2016, 05:16 PM
RE: Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Ru - 12-18-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Auriel - 12-20-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Walk Like Warriors [WARRIOR Rank!] - by Ru - 01-06-2017, 08:23 PM