the Rift

[PRIVATE] i hear words in clips and phrases

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves
So of course, like a good companion, Chico’s first instinct upon my being fucking assaulted by a glob of shadow whatever-the-hell, was the laugh toothily at me. T’ha, get wrecked, he trilled in my head, rolling onto his back on the ground and growl/roar/laughing with his legs in the air as the thing did its duty and tried to eat my face.

It didn’t last long--but I was still left sputtering and spitting and blinded, screaming all sorts of PTEGH and AGHGH and WHAT THE SHITs. It was only from the words of a golden (older?) voice that made it stop, and I watched (with blurry eyes at the moment) as it zoomed onto Jiji’s shoulder, cementing its place in the world, in my head and heart. Chico made no move to roll onto his feet, so his stomach and balls would be in a much more appropriate position, but his eyes followed the thing’s movement as it perched, a mischievous interest boiling in his head.

None of that interest has anything to do with a counterattack, does it? I asked with irritation, wiping the attack off my face. Chico licked a paw. Ain’t attack me, shit, he reasoned. Fair enough. I sighed and looked at the bird on Jiij’s shoulder, and then at Jiji herself, and there was a thing growing in my breast (like always) that threatened to burst when she said I missed you.

I melted on the spot. “I…” I began, interrupted cleanly by the tiniest voice imaginable. This time Chico turned over onto his legs, alerted by the presence of the smallest piece of shit he’d seen in some time. He was instantly enchanted by the tiny filly, as it stumbled its way to Jiji’s side to drink from Mama. There was a lot more going on in his head anyway, because I was totally fucking blank, numb from the tally mark in my head being made. First it was Mesec. Now it was Jiji.

“I…” I said again, even though I knew good and hell well I didn’t have the faintest idea on what to say. Chico sprung into action, his eye catching the miniscule shiver running down the small shoulder; he zpSNK!ed and he was fluffy and cute and smiling with his liquid black eyes, trundling forward unhesitatingly for the skittish filly. He reached for her with his fat snout, with his stubby paw, offering warmth! and fluff! if only she would reach for it. A peace offering.

My eyes trailed from the filly behind her (her daughter) to the creature perched on her shoulder (her companion), and the only thing I could possibly say was the obvious truth. “I..uh, guess I got a lot to catch up on,” I said in a weak, breathless voice.

"In ornare vitae leo eu volutpat."
" I like it when you call me Big Poppa."
Chico
and Roskuld

@Ranjiri
@Letha

I'M THE ABSOLUTE WORST

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
i hear words in clips and phrases - by Ranjiri - 11-20-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: i hear words in clips and phrases - by Letha - 12-21-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: i hear words in clips and phrases - by Roskuld - 01-07-2017, 02:13 PM