the Rift

[PRIVATE] vices and virtues

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

She thinks she's hit a nerve - it gives her a sense of cold satisfaction to know that this mare can be got at. It occurs to her that being needlessly spiteful and unpleasant isn't generally in her nature and that it doesn't suit her, because for all of her flaws, she's usually more for casual innuendo than actual nastiness. But this woman has pushed her to her limits with her attempts to kill with kindness and the hold she has over Tembovu. If there's one thing Nyx cannot abide, it's mares who try to make men act like their gelded little bitches. She despises monogamy and always has, and from what she's pieced together through her discussions with Tembovu over the years, Rexanna is one such woman.

Of course, Nyx may be making quite a lot of assumptions about the golden mare. Tembovu has never outright told her that Rexanna made him give up other women - the way he'd painted it, his main reason for staying with her was so that he knew it was his children inside her, nobody else's. It is Nyx who is making the link - Nyx who is assuming that Tembovu chose to give up other women to please Rexanna. That doesn't mean she flat out asked him to, but the silver assumes there were enough hints or barbs to make him think he wanted to. Emotional blackmail at its finest, making him think he wanted something just because the love of his life did.

That train of thought brings her to something else. A memory from her first meeting with the elephant, some of the first words he ever said to her, smothered under the delicious recollections of what happened after. A mare of the Basin lied to my face, with her back still warm from my gods damn barrel! And the colt, Alexander, to have the- the depravity to force a mare- my Rex- to be his whore...

A cold smile flashes across her face. Time to take that dagger she's rammed into the other mare's flesh and twist it that little bit deeper...

A little voice in her head tells her to stop. To shut up and leave it, to walk away, be the bigger woman and cease this idiotic bitch-fest. But she can't. Rexanna has needled her temper, and although Nyx is generally a calm creature, once the beast is out it's hard to rein back in.

"I cannot think of any man who would willingly go against nature unless the woman he loved made him think that he had to." Her voice is cold, but suddenly that cold smile reappears - it does not suit her, twisting her features into a disgusting grimace of tangled steel and shattered ice. This is not her. She is not this bitchy, vicious, spiteful creature....deep down, she's sickened by herself, despises what she's suddenly become. But it's too late, the words are on the tip of her tongue. "Or perhaps," she says, ever so sweetly. "It's because swearing that he would be yours and yours alone is the only way he could ensure that the children in your womb were his." She flutters her eyelids and glances thoughtfully upwards, as though trying to retrieve a memory. "Tell me, who is Alexander?"

It's a low blow. To imply that Rexanna - apparent paragon of purity and purveyor of monogamy - had cheated on her beau is quite an accusation, but it's one that Nyx wields like a knife.

And she hates herself for it.

@Rexanna I'M SORRY SHE IS A BITCH

also if you're wondering, this is the thread where Temb mentioned Alexander :)

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
vices and virtues - by Nyx - 11-22-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Rexanna - 11-24-2016, 02:18 AM
RE: vices and virtues - by Nyx - 11-28-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Rexanna - 12-01-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: vices and virtues - by Nyx - 12-03-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Rexanna - 12-03-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Nyx - 12-06-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Rexanna - 12-07-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Nyx - 12-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Rexanna - 12-18-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: vices and virtues - by Nyx - 12-31-2016, 04:53 PM