the Rift

[PRIVATE] BLOOM

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
HAPPINESS CAN BE FOUND EVEN IN THE DARKEST OF TIMES

As usual, the song his little one had created was beautiful. The dove's poems would always bring a smile to his lips or a tear to his eye, and the brilliance of her still-growing mind astounded him daily. Tonight though, it was her initiative in creating soft bedding for them both without even needing an instruction. She was becoming the most intuitive little creature. While other foals were in need of constant direction, always standing around dumbfounded and confused, Maude kept herself budy with tasks. She was intelligent, it was clear as day. "Well done poppet!" Tilney whispered in praise, nibbling her poll affectionately.

When the fire was finally lit the stallion took his place beside it, lowering himself onto the earth and resting on his side. Maude's question caused him to smile brightly, but this was certainly not unusual. All her questions did this.
"For me, not at all. For you... maybe impossible!" was the short answer, glancing from his young one and then back to the flames as they danced and flickered "I don't know if your mother ever told you about this Maudie... but the reason I carry a lantern with me is so I can see when it gets dark" Normally he would have looked away by now, a deep-set shame would be dwelling behind his eyes. But not tonight, not while he spoke to Maude. Instead, he watched his daughter sincerely and hoped she would listen. "I am night-blind, but I can survive with my lantern. It lights with a hot flame when I praise the God of the Sun! He is so kind Maude, He returns my night vision... and also it makes it very easy to light fires as you just saw" He spoke this gently, so as not to intimidate her. He didn't want to scare her, or make her think that he was sick or injured. "Unfortunately for you, you might need magic to start fires. Or another trinket from our lord of light!"

While his tone was light, Tilney had not forgotten the solemn reason he had brought the girl far from home, free of distraction and bore. Thep roblem dwelled and swelled in the back of his mind, but he would try his damndest to harness it until later.
"What do you want with fire anyway?" the flaxen father quizzed, a skeptical smirk sent her way.

ooc; ye look so somehow i f o r g o t about this thread even tho it just so happens to be the one im them ost excited about on his threadlog atm? HOW?
@Maude

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
BLOOM - by Tilney - 11-20-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: BLOOM - by Maude - 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: BLOOM - by Tilney - 11-26-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: BLOOM - by Maude - 11-28-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: BLOOM - by Tilney - 12-19-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: BLOOM - by Maude - 12-21-2016, 12:09 PM