the Rift

[PRIVATE] BLOOM

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
HAPPINESS CAN BE FOUND EVEN IN THE DARKEST OF TIMES

Maude's answer wasn't quite what he expected really, but it wasn't like he was unnused to her surpising him. She was strangely calm about it, the fact that he required the help of a light to see at night when she could see fine. Perhaps it was something she just took for granted? Or perhaps she really did understand.
Tilney expected her to panic, worry that he might die somehow or that it could happen to her - hence why it had taken him so long to tell her of his ailment.
With a warm smile the father nodded, green eyes turning once again t the blaze before them "yes" was his response when Maude mentioned having to retrieve the lantern a number of nights prior.

When the topic of conversation turned to the fire Tilneys countenance held a constant smirk as he watched his little one speak of a flame's usefulness and beauty. Fire was useful  and incredibly beautiful, but could inflict devastating damage - he hoped she understood that. Now was not the time for a lecture however and so his gaze easily softened when his loved one's chirps turned the conversation towards the God of the Sun, asking questions about what he was like and where he lived - questions Tilney wasm ore than happy to answer. He would never pass up an opportunity to talk about Father Sun, especially when it came to educating Maude.
"He is a similar height to me, has two horns up by his ears and has a coat the colour of sand" He explained the lords appearance first and then answered her second question on where he 'lived'.
"He is the patron deity of the Dragons Throat - it's a herd land not far from here actually. It's full of fierce warriors and it's ever so hot! I have been once or twice"

It was as if his mind was on a loop; It always came back to that same dreaded thought. Either that or karma and fate had teamed togeather to remind him with every waking moment about what it was he had done.
Who lived at the throat? Nephele. Who was Nephele? the woman who, somewhere, wandered with two of his children.
And Maude didn't even know.

It took but a few moments of being locked in an awful, thoughful trance that he realised his face had pulled into an over-concentrated snarl as he stared into the fire. Blinking quickly the bronze man gave a heavy sigh, not allowing his gaze near Maude for the time being. How on earth would he tell her? She wouldn't understand, there was no way.
Whether she did or she didn't, she had to be told regardless.
"Maude," the flaxen father uttered. His voice was broken and dead compared to how he normally spoke to her, but he couldn't talk to her any other way. Not right now. "I have something to tell you, and I would like you to listen to me. Please."

Shielding his desparing gaze from his little one's was quite agonizing, his hooves fidgeting in the ash that lay beneath them. Eyes anywhere but near her.
"I have known your mother for many years, she and I are the best of friends. I love her very much. So when she went away I didn't know what to do anymore... I was very very sad, Maude" His voice shook as he spoke and with every word that left his maw he realised what a poor excuse he had for what he had done. It was despicable, and he wasn't sure he would ever forgive himself let lone Arah or Maude.

"I made some horrible mistakes and- you wont understand, you're too young" his words turned to confused whispers as he pushed on his haunches, standing and striding away from the fire. Back turned to the one he loved the most, Tilney finally spoke the words he needed to tell her. "You have twin baby brothers Maude" was his pained whisper, jaw clenched and eyes tearful.

x

aw rip tilney
@Maude

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
BLOOM - by Tilney - 11-20-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: BLOOM - by Maude - 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: BLOOM - by Tilney - 11-26-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: BLOOM - by Maude - 11-28-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: BLOOM - by Tilney - 12-19-2016, 12:29 PM