the Rift

[OPEN] Some story this is.

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

She wouldn’t have really cared if he’d shot her down again. Truthfully, she didn’t expect any of her ideas to be useful. What did she possibly know about turning something in bears or dragons or whatever by thinking about it? She could make water plants grow just by thinking about it. That’s what she knows, and all she needed to know. Well, she could make them grow as long as there’s water.

Oh. Maybe. Maybe she’s totally wrong. Magic is a weird and fickle thing, but whatever, she’s trying this whole polite and useful thing. Why? Because she’s pretty sure that’s how conversations are supposed to work. How building relationships (ugh) works – you care about other people’s problems. Or at least feign some level of interest. But still, she is vaguely curious now.

“I can make seaweed grow, so long as I am near water, she says in that deadpan voice of hers, which makes it sound like she’s just gone completely off topic for no reason. But she continues anyway, not really caring what she sounds like. “Can you shape things so long as, and she pauses, pointing at the thing with her hoof at the moment, “Well, as long as whatever that thing is made out of is nearby?”

But now she’s really out of ideas, and while one day she might care to find out what he can actually do, she’s running out of the ability to care about this particular topic. So when it switches back to crafting and the Falls, she is grateful. Work and the herd is just an easier topic for her to handle. Not that she likes working, necessary, or does anything all that stellar for the Falls. But rather, it’s just easy common ground. And Syrena has no idea how to otherwise find common ground.

She listens to him politely, though finding herself almost crestfallen (almost, she doesn’t quite feel enough to ever make it crestfallen) that there are no plans. Did any of the ranks do anything? Maybe they did and she just didn’t know. Entirely possible. But she’s actually around a lot, and she assumes she would see more life other than her and Dragomir and Isopia.

If she were sassy or clever or really, anyone else, she might point out that he could make plans. But she assumes he knows this, particularly given that he seems to know Ranjiri and replaced her even. So like usual, she doesn’t say anything, sticking to less words. “There’s nothing I need,” she says simply, “And nothing the herd has asked of me. But perhaps I could help with the hut.”

Perhaps she offers because she’s actually capable of nostalgia, almost missing the gray mare who’d welcomed Syrena back into the Falls. Her first foray, really, into this herd had been lashing that damn roof together with Brisa and sticking it in place. “Perhaps some of those items would be small? Starting small sounds great.” Because hell if she’s building another roof again.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

@Dragomir

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
Some story this is. - by Dragomir - 11-21-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Some story this is. - by Syrena - 11-28-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: Some story this is. - by Dragomir - 12-15-2016, 08:54 AM