the Rift

[OPEN] they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
The weasely looking thing squeaks at her, and though the tiny thing isn’t frightening, it is nonetheless surprising, and Yael flinches. Twitches? Just a tad. Because she’s never encountered a companion before, and has no idea why it seems so empathetic. She offers the thing a wan grin over chattering teeth and then turns her attention back to Rexanna.

“Okay,” she practically whispers and, like the child growing in the gold and white mare’s womb, allows herself to be led towards wherever ‘home’ is. For the most part, she remains quiet, filtering through the emotions that come sweeping along in waves and watching the ground for safety. Really, the Akhal pegasus is much more suited to sand than snow, if it wasn’t already obvious by her perpetual shivers. Once, she calls out to the pair ahead of her and asks a question, her voice tinkling with unusual tones. “Vhat ees your name?” And if she is asked the same in return, answers with her own. “Yael.” Yah-el, but smoother. Ibex. Mountain goat. Rugged little survivor. And ain’t that the truth, minus the rugged part. Under the sun and without all the tears and snot, she’s really quite fetching.

Eventually (she has no real sense of time at the moment - the trek could be long or short and it might all seem the same), the trio arrive at the cave. Perhaps it is relief, or exhaustion, or simply a continuation of whatever besieged her out on the ledge, but as Yael looks at the cave, and then back to Rexanna, her eyes begin to whelm with tears of gratitude. “Toda… t’ank you. I ahm sorry to keep crying -” one of her wingtips comes forward to try and brush the offending liquid away. “But your kindness ees overvelming… “ And that’s all she could muster. For now.  

Internally, Yael made a promise to herself and to this lovely woman. She would be forever in Rexanna's debt.

lines | coloring | coding

@Rexanna I hope that's ok! Let me know if it's not, and I'll change it :)

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine - by Yael - 12-07-2016, 10:37 PM