the Rift

[OPEN] they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
The entirety of the past two months have been passing strange; the fact that she is still mostly unknown, even to the leaders, does not stand out to her. It is a little blessing, in fact, if only for the leniency it gives her if she does not decide to stay. The fewer she disappoints, the better. But then - Rexanna hadn’t met her ‘friends,’ which can only lead to one conclusion. Yael nods, saying, “T’is must be a large xerd indeed.” Her ears twitch when she hears Aurora Basin, remembering the flighty filly she met in the Threshold. “I met a filly from ze Basin een ze Thresxold. Romeena. Said xer mozer vas ze Lady t’ere, but she seemed… almost scared of me.” A light chuckle. “Vheech ees very odd, you see. Xow many keengdoms ahr xere? Vhat ahr t’ey like?”

Now that the little foreigner is comfortable, a barrage of questions seem to fly from her mouth, and once she realizes this, Yael makes an effort to bite her tongue and hold back until Rexanna finishes. She cannot, however, quite stifle a yawn that creeps up through the back of her throat, all sneaky-like, taking her almost completely by surprise. What a difference a warm(er) cave and a friendly ear make! Though it is clear that her new friend has troubles of her own, and so Yael does her best to try and soothe them. “Reksana. I do not know you very vell, or your son at ahl, but I vould find myself meesing a mozer like you, I t’ink. Eet ees obvious you care very much for xeem. T’at does not go unnoteeced... even eef eet takes t’em avhile to realize eet.”

This is truly the most she’s said to anyone in one sitting (thus far), but there is also comfortable silence, too, and Yael lets it stretch until she is asked about her own family, and grins at the response. “Nice? Yes. Busy, and compleecated too. Several fazers, and t’en some vere adopteed. I t’ink because I lost my whole tribe vhen I vas a feelly, t’at I subconsciouly vanted to make anozer vone. Ahnd I loved being called Ima and Savta, - “ she quickly adds the translations in, “- Mozer and Grandmozer een my tongue. T’ey vere all deeferent, and sometimes eet vas infuriateeng, and sometimes eet vas xeartbreaking…” her voice trails off for moment, as the little golden mother loses herself in memories for a moment. “And sometimes I look back and t’ink t’at maybe I should xaf focused more on being a Mozer t’an a Keen… but t’ey alvays knew xow much I loved t’em. Xow much t’eir fazers loved t’em. T’at I vould burn ze vorld down for t’em eef need be.”

Ah, but she’s said too much, now, and slightly embarrassed, she concludes simply and sadly with, “T’ey and t’ere cheeldren vere my greatest joy.” What she doesn’t say is what she would do to get back to them. Or how she wonders if they have forgiven her for draining herself past all sensible levels, or even… if they miss her as much as she misses them.

lines | coloring | coding

@Rexanna

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: they are lost and gone forever, oh my darling clementine - by Yael - 01-02-2017, 08:04 PM