the Rift

[OPEN] wolf at the door

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

It was not the slender sleuths calls that woke him but Maudes shrieks that arroused Tilney from sleep. Raising his crown from where he had tucked his snout between his legs, the flaxen beast stood quickly with eyes darting around in the confusion.
"Maude, wait!" Tilney bellowed to the young one, but she was already gone. He did not want her to hear anything of her mother, not now. What if this man held a false promise? What if they got to Arah and she wasn't there, or she had passed? False hope was more than deadly, it was soul destroying, and it would truly ruin Maude - Tilney was sure of that.
"Maude!" Tilney bellowed, clumsily trudging from the home tree and galloping after her into the night, completely blind.

Of course, It didn't take long for him to hit a tree and stumble over its roots, but he was quite convinced there was no time to return and find his lantern. He followed the young voices, the booms of the snakish one, though constantly running into thickets and tripping until he shakenly entered the clearing where they all stood gathered.
"Where is Arah" Tilney demanded to know, blind eyes tossing over every angle, searching for any voice. He stood with his front legs spread, trembling with fright and adrenaline, unsure of what dangers might lurk within the news bearer or the pitch black woods.

"She is my partner, my mate. I demand you tell me where she is and why you have not brought her here yourself, or recruited help from others to do so!"
If she had been at the heavenly fields, why not rush to the falls and recruit a healer or two? Ultima would be more than willing Tilney was sure... as much as he was also sure she despised him.
"We must hurry" Tilney brushed past Laumes wings, spooking sideways as he did so - it was such a strange sensation, something he had never felt before. Now standing still in the midst of it all, Tilney was quite sure he was useless without his lantern.
"Maude, fetch my lantern please" he uttered with an angered stomp, not towards his young one but towards his crippled sight. He wished he could just run to Arah, to his love and rescue her right now.

ooc; -

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
wolf at the door - by Toulouse - 11-22-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: wolf at the door - by Laume - 11-22-2016, 01:37 AM
RE: wolf at the door - by Maude - 11-22-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: wolf at the door - by Tilney - 11-23-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: wolf at the door - by Aelfwine - 11-24-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: wolf at the door - by Maude - 11-28-2016, 10:37 AM