the Rift

[OPEN] searching for the sun

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

There was much to explore, fill his head with things and findings. He would have never admitted to the thought that he was actually running, always running away from the things that haunt him. Cassius wanted to believe in new beginnings. That people could change despite their vices, regrets, lost opportunities.

For the first time since his arrival to Helovia, he moved past the Basin’s sentinels with a curious glance, and he was off. To nowhere, to somewhere new for his senses to devour with intrigue. Or perhaps he merely hoped, wished to absorb it for the sake of filling his restless soul. Attempting to sate, calm and ease his mind of this idea of new beginnings.

He trotted along, an easy cadence for which he fell easily into. Rolling, warmed muscles that rippled underneath his ashen coat. And a quiet, melodic tune wrapped beside him. When he worked as a laborer, songs pushed him through the longest hours and the toughest jobs. Tunes that remained without words, or those that had ingrained themselves upon his mind…

And he sang then as he approached the warmer coast. His soul elevated by the dips and rolls of his own voice echoing out beyond. Careless, as it furled on without lyrics to fill in their hummed vibrations.

Cassius could make out the smell of an ocean, the squawk of gulls nearby. A charming smile fell upon his face, his head held high, picking up his pace.

Until-

He saw her there, in the woods. Shimmering gold and dark night, appearing lost. From within or outside, he couldn’t quite tell when he first saw her. The stallions feathered limbs slowed into a walk. She was anything but natural, compared to the frosted flora and the bowing trees. It was hard not to notice, when the muted tones of frostfall was all that remained.

With interest blooming within his mind, he approached the mare with a warm whinny. A soft smile followed the casual greetings. “Hello there.”

What might he say?

Cassius hadn’t thought that far ahead yet. “Enjoying Frostfall?” He paused; perhaps he should introduce himself? That’s what normal people did, wasn’t it?

“I know I am, heh… sort of.” He relented with a lopsided grin. “Name’s Cassius. I hail from the Aurora Basin. I was just one my way to explore. Uhm… are you looking for something?”

He tilted his head, and wondered quietly why he’d asked such a thing. He was so new, that he probably wouldn’t have an answer for her. And in essence, he was no help at all.

What a shame that would be.

@Serenity

Messages In This Thread
searching for the sun - by Serenity - 11-22-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Cassius - 11-24-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Myrrine - 11-24-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Serenity - 11-29-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Cassius - 12-05-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Myrrine - 12-05-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: searching for the sun - by Serenity - 12-27-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: searching for the sun - by Cassius - 01-02-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: searching for the sun - by Myrrine - 01-02-2017, 10:10 PM