the arena

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And I've grown familiar
With villains that live in my head

How long ago was it now?

A week, a month, a year? It seemed forever and a day since she'd last stood here, a silent sentinel at the border of Helovia and beyond; she teetered, drawn in by familiar magic and familiar forest. She had long wandered, content to let the malevolence in her heart simmer and settle, and now she was returned—but it felt to her as if perhaps her place here was not as set as it once was.

Don't be so pretentious. A sly and old smile flickered across her lips; she rolled one satin red eye to her little companion circling overhead.

I'm not. I'm telling the truth, the way it is.

Neither of them were particularly inclined to address the sincerity of that particular statement. The two of them had been together long enough—and known each well enough—to recognize the falsity of such a pretty sentence. Nymeria was a fox, a cruel-eyed vixen, whose greatest weapon lay in the cunning of her words and the weaving of true and false. There was nothing black-and-white, no right-or-wrong; there was only what she made the truth to be and her ability to perform in front of the critical crowd.

Now, that time had come again.

She had priorities and plans, of course; but more than anything she was curious where she would wash up, what kind of clever brutes would be coming her way. There had been a waxing and waning of seasons in her absence, and no doubt a waxing and waning in power and authority; it was important, exceedingly so, that she might rediscover her footing before acting on any impudent impulses.

So the two of them delve deeper into the forest, dark silhouettes in a darkening forest, willing and hungry, prepared at long last to return what was once their dearest home.

image credits

OOC: I know this is short and more than a little shoddy but I'm rather out of practice. Once I get a few posts in I'm sure I'll be more warmed up! Anyone is welcome too!

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
the arena - by Nymeria - 11-23-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: the arena - by Tilney - 11-23-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: the arena - by Hotaru - 11-23-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: the arena - by Valdís - 11-24-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: the arena - by Nymeria - 01-15-2017, 02:58 PM