the Rift

the truth never set me free [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

The days had seemed to wind on since he'd last seen the red locked dame, though her face was a constant presence in his mind. Years could have gone by since they had last touched, with all that he had been through in the time. He'd brought more recruits into the Throat, met the Foothill's leaders Svetlana, and even taken in two orphaned foals. Little Nefertari and Amenhotep were in the safe borders of the Throat, but the new responsibility left a whole new set of worries on his shoulders. Even as the golden stallion rode the air currents above the meadow, gold eyes scanned the ground more quickly than usual, as he worked to make his patrol from his home quick.

If not for the distinct call rising up from the snow dusted earth, he probably wouldn't have spotted the ebony, garnet form in the field. For a moment, umber wings tilted and jerked, sending the palomino into a hesitant circle. It didn't take long for his ivory lined gaze to realize who had caught his attention. A deep, elated whinny passed his own maw as he shot down to land a short ways across the meadow from Faelene. As soon as feathered hooves met the earth, there was a cloud of white and the thrumming of hoof-beats. It fell behind him as he loped towards her, for a moment forgetting the burdens of their love, heart still as hopeful as it was the last time they'd met. "Faelene." Warm chords went to her, caramel eyes looking into her own silver pair. "I've missed you. Gently, his velvet muzzle stretched out to trace her cheek, hot breath falling against her face. He half expected her to pull away, but it seemed as though he was always going to be fearful of that. After her final desire for his company in the Arch, though, he didn't think her heart had closed to him yet. One could only hope.

Messages In This Thread
the truth never set me free [closed] - by Faelene - 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: the truth never set me free [Leander] - by Leander - 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM