the Rift

the truth never set me free [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

How many nights he'd awakened, thinking of his dark desire sitting in the freezing winds of the North. Wondering if she stood alone in the glass caves where they'd first met, or if she stayed with the warmth of her broken herd. She looked to Mauja with devotion still, that much was clear. It was all he could to keep from wondering whether that white beast ever touched her ebony hide.

Shaking the turbid thoughts from his mind, Leander kept the same enduring smile on his sooty lips. She was happy enough now, and that was all that mattered for the moment. "I am glad you have been well, Faelene. I have worried about you. This Frostfall is one of the worst I've ever seen." Concern traced his features, as it so often did when he professed such things to her. With some hesitance, he went on. "You know that you would always be welcome in the Throat, if you ever needed shelter. No one would harm you there. You would need only to let them know that you have been welcomed by me." His words were careful, but still rang with certainty. He knew no one in the Throat would harm her, even if she was recognized as an ex-Edge. There was really no telling what Kri would think of him welcoming Faelene into the herd. Still, he could not deny that if Faelene asked him to leave with her, he would be hard pressed not to. The loyalty he felt for both the Throat and Faelene held the same weight in his heart, though in very different ways.

She spoke of the foals, and he kept silent as she did. The mention of them seemed to have shaken the silver eyed mare. Fortunately she did not dislike young ones, as he was afraid of. Letting his visage warm again, the aureate stallion reassured her. "Little Nefertari, the filly, loves just about anyone. I think she is especially infatuated with Unicorns." He grinned, remembering how fond his adoptive daughter had seemed around Faelene's kind. "Her brother, Amenhotep, is a little more reserved. And stubborn, I might think. But he is a good boy; he cares for his sister very much. I know they both would like you, Faelene." Again, the confidence in his voice was clear. The foals were kind enough, and even if the colt was a bit of a silent type, they would need to like the mare who had his heart. Someday, he hoped they would meet her.

Again, the soft brush of her muzzle met his skin, sending tingles radiating across his golden hide. He reached out to trace his lips against her ruby mane, cherishing every second of closeness they had, as she moved to face him. The smile that laid on her face warmed him, more so than any look anyone else could give. "I will tell you anything you want to know, love." The fond title presented itself easily, as if it was something he was used to calling her. "The foals will be alright. They are not too much trouble for me, and they stay mostly in the Throat for now. I do not trust them out on their own much at times like these."

[ooc: Sorry for the delay! <3 My life has been crazy lately, but I haven't forgotten you!]

Messages In This Thread
the truth never set me free [closed] - by Faelene - 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM