the Rift

the truth never set me free [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Words of agreement met his comment on the severity of Frostfall, and silently the warrior wondered what he could do to make the season easier on her. He had no expectations of her cutting ties with her group, though he often hoped she might leave them for a home with him in the end. That unspoken desire always seemed to drive him, to keep him going; that maybe they would not always have to meet out in the wilderness as if they had some shameful love.

Gold eyes brightened gently as Faelene responded to his invitation, not spurning it as he feared. Cream strands flounced while he nodded in understanding. "You can come whenever you like. Just know that you will be welcome there, and that it would be a safe place to stay if you need one." Genuine tones left his maw, still somewhat hesitant - as if mentioning the Throat might still have the potential to upset things. Still, he held on to his hope that she truly would visit his home, and maybe even decide to stay. After pausing a moment to look across the white expanse of the meadow, bronze orbs fell back to her onyx face. It was so easy to forget the worry of what was to come when lost in the dark lines of her cheek.

The palomino quieted as she spoke of the children, only grinning at the idea of anyone staring strangely at such a beautiful sight. He knew the foals would take to her, if only she wanted to meet them someday. When times were better, they would see. It seemed like maybes punctuated all his thoughts, but again the sweet voice hit the air, and he was again contented just to be near the dark mare. The warmth of her touch fell into his side, and he could not fight the sigh of ecstasy that left his lips. His browned muzzle continued to stroke locks of garnet as she spoke, only stopping as words of demons hindered some of his ease. "It seems like peace is not going to come easily for us now." Apprehension laced the stallion's profile as he went on, sights moving once more to the uncertain landscape. "I fear that more bloodshed is on it's way. I would beg you to avoid any battles, but I know that would be of no use. If things do come to war, just remember that I love you. No matter what happens."

Messages In This Thread
the truth never set me free [closed] - by Faelene - 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: the truth never set me free [Leander] - by Leander - 11-26-2012, 10:41 AM