the Rift

BITE me | Murder (done)

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: b_and_w_by_ladyfey-d5j1ndw.png]

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

I pivoted on my hind legs, sweeping through the ancient battle drills. Sweat glinted on my coat, glittered in the stained curls of my silver neck, the excess heat steaming off my shining coat. A flutter of wings as I danced through war, fighting a thousand warriors in my head, nostrils flaring crimson in exhaustion. Hooves crunch through snow as I sway, letting the imaginary unicorn's silver horn slide past me. My neck curls as I nip, white teeth flashing to tear into that gray throat, to rip inside to spongy red flesh. Too soon, the flickering soldiers faded to smears on the wind, and disappeared from me, hiding. Cowards. I am puffing, snorting occasionally to expel the non-existent fluid, the heavy viscous blanket, draping over my lungs. Dried sweat cakes my woolly coat, but I am confident in my body's ability to adapt. Soon, I am certain, it will dissipate fully from my silver hide. I cough again, hacking up half a lung in the process, and let my head droop, suddenly weary now that the soldiers are long gone. My wings, half-open, my primary feathers dragging in the snow. Wow. When did everything begin to sparkle? My mind hadn't even begun the thought when the world tilted into focus again. White sky-fluff, piled into drifts and compacted in a thin sheet of ice over hard snow, gleamed like thousands of diamonds. A pulsing golden eye silhouetted the morning, painting the dark trees in vivid yellows, washing the shadowed land into glory like a scene out of a legend. Harsh shadows grate against the brilliance, hiding from the sun like a naughty colt from his dam.

Black hooves shift under me as my coal pillars re-align themselves under me. My eyes, devoid of any light, shift to explore this suddenly magnificent morning of Frostfall in the Threshold. No falling-white, nothing too icy. I test the ground under one hoof- firm, hard enough to break wing-bones if I were to fall. Pines, their needles sharp and unyielding against the light, spike the air, surrounding the small clearing. Ten feet by twelve at largest, with a mostly even surface. No morning mist, except for the lightest of gold smoke drifting a foot or two above the earth and crusty white shell. Altogether, fair fighting conditions if I should need it. As for myself, I have quickly recovered my breath from my imaginary spars. I am always so careful, so tedious, not to over-exert myself, so in case of sudden battle I would be prepared.

When my breathing is flowing even and steady, there is a shape. Will he attack me? Wait. It is Murder! I do not hesitate. My body contorts, muscles flexing, then exploding into power as I gallop across the clearing, skidding to a halt only feet before him. Muscle grinds under me as I rear, neck twisting, dark ears clamped to skull, teeth ready to rip into his fleshy blue neck, for my hooves to pummel him to a pulp. That little bastard will learn his lesson on etiquette for insulting me! Fucking unicorn.

""

OOC: Attack: Svetlana rears, aiming to crush into his chest with her hooves and she lunges to bite into his neck during the rear. Her momentum is all forward and (if) she hits him she will at least heavily bruise. Also hope the setting is okay and that I popped Murder in.
1/4 attack post
0/1 closing defense post

Picture Credit: My own

Messages In This Thread
BITE me | Murder (done) - by Svetlana - 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Murder - 10-28-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Svetlana - 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Murder - 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Svetlana - 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Murder - 10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Svetlana - 10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: BITE me | Murder - by Murder - 11-01-2012, 11:29 PM