the Rift

[OPEN] settle down (welcoming!)

Ariadne Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Val
three. unicorn. grey. ram horns. cloven hooves.
fifteen-one hands. homeless, loverless, childless.

The sun had begun to set by the time the pair made their way into the Edge; Ariadne found herself thankful that her pendant had not been lost on the journey here; the little light it provided her as she wandered behind the taller male was a small help. He spoke fondly of this Mother Moon entity, his eyes cast upwards to the heavens. She, too, found herself admiring the way the stars danced against the backdrop of deep blue - truly a sight to behold. "Yes, it is a beautiful night," she concured, turning back to him. "Do you ever wonder what else might be out there? If there are other planets like this, with life on them?" The stars had always made her feel small and, at times, insignificant. It was a question she often pondered, especially late at night when insomnia gripped her mind and her eyes would not grow heavy with sleep.

"What is the religion like here?" She asked suddenly. "Do you worship only one god, or are there many? Or perhaps there are none..." Ariadne had never been particularly religious, instead using logic and reason over faith. Her parents had claimed to have named her after an old goddess of their realm, a goddess of healing and love who, according to her mother, had 'blessed them with their firstborn daughter.'

Tilney's voice intruded upon her reflection, alerting her to the presence of a great glass wall. A gentle swoosh noise caught her attention, and she barely had time to turn her head to see Tilney's small winged companion swooping towards her, gripping playfully at her mane before taking off again. A gentle laugh bubbled its way from her throat - she had never seen such a bold little creature before! "Your little friend is quite a sight with his antics. I feel my mood lifting already!" She crooned, smiling broadly in Tilney's general direction.

The speckled doe listened closely as Tilney touted about the Edge's ranks, questioning her on her chosen profession. Frankly, she was not sure what she wanted to do - the thought of a career was not weighing down on her; it did not seem like a particularly urgent matter. "To be frank with you, Tilney, I'm not so much concerned with finding a niche as I am regaining my memories and finding out what happened to my family. That is the most important thing to me right now. I'm sure you can understand. But, I may as well make myself useful while I do that..." she paused to think for a minute, before continuing:

"I am not much of a fighter. I would be of no use to you in protection. I believe myself to be more of a diplomat, really. That was what I wanted to do back home - negotation of alliances and resource exchange." Mother had always said she had a way with words, and paired with her idealistic views, she could get anyone to believe a word from her mouth. "But healing sounds interesting as well. As a filly I would often watch our healers collect herbs and make medicines." She remembered those days fondly, trying not to let her lanky little body get in the way as the doctors worked diligently day in and day out.

"I'm curious to know, have you lived here your whole life, Tilney, or did you come here as a wanderer, like myself?"

((ooc: @Tilney thank you! If Ari chooses to stay in the Edge she will most likely choose to start out as a nurse! I plan on having her here for a bit before she wanders off to visit Eldala :3))

Messages In This Thread
settle down (welcoming!) - by Tilney - 11-28-2016, 04:51 AM
RE: settle down (welcoming!) - by Ariadne - 11-28-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: settle down (welcoming!) - by Tembovu - 12-04-2016, 11:09 PM