the Rift

[PRIVATE] a wish

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne did not get much of a response out of Mauja, but what had she expected? In a strange way it felt good to actually put words to how she had been feeling lately though it did not make any of her worries or doubts or anger disappear. Feeling uncomfortable watching him while he watched the trees, eventually her eyes drifted away as well, her head turning to the snow and the pines that surrounded them.

When he did speak, about the mare Alysanne had lost, his voice quiet in the flurried air and drawing her gaze back to him. It would seem that Alysanne wasn’t the only one who had lost someone she was. “Frostheart.” She repeated the name quietly and cautiously to herself, as though speaking it might burn her tongue, rolling it over and considering it - comparing it to the Frozen Light she knew. It spoke of darkness and a chill that went right to his organs. She hardly knew him to be warm but she did not think she’d go so far as to claim he had a frozen heart. How much, then, had Mauja changed since he had been called such a thing?

Before she could ask, use this chance to learn more about him as she exposed her thoughts, his voice saying her name interrupted the silence they had lapsed into - encouraging her green eyes to find his face if only to see that his eyes were closed. She would have answered any question he had posed to her then, the spotted stallion had already unceremoniously become a knower of her secrets what was a little more.

But the one he asked her was still fresh and there was no difficulty in answer it - it was a business question, not really a personal one. She hesitated, feeling like this was not the morning to lie or gloss over anything, tilting her head upwards once more to feel the plump flakes of snow on her face. “Ah. Well, one of the Falls’ Czarinas came to speak to me because the bag that I had been given from one of our sleuths was allegedly stolen from someone in her herd. She demanded it be returned.” With time and a clearer mind, Alysanne knew the first thing she should have done was ask for proof that the bag had belonged to Cowboy instead of immediately jump to the defensive. Someone could have just as easily laid claim to the halter she wore or any one of the other items. “We argued, I couldn’t believe how stupid and insignificant she made me feel as though I was lesser, as though the Edge was lesser...” Alysanne ruffled her wings, casting off the snow that had gathered there, but cut herself off from ranting about that right now because she really did not want to relieve those two days more than was strictly necessary. “Anyway, she decided the only acceptable solution was to challenge me for the rights of the bag. I don’t know if you’re aware, but I’m not exactly the warrior queen type - I’ve never thought violence should be the first action unless absolutely necessary. The next day, Tembovu answered the call for her challenge on my behalf. Many members of the Edge showed up as did members of the Falls so it wasn’t just some quick, easy solution like I was hoping for.” Alysanne scowled, to herself more than anything, distressed by how that entire situation had escalated out of her control. Whether or not it was entirely her fault or her fault and Isopia’s, suddenly it wasn’t just between them it was between both herds.

Ranjiri had expressed her hopes that the fight wouldn’t affect the relationship between the herds and Alysanne agreed. She did not want it to but sweeping the entire situation under the rug and forgetting it ever happened wasn’t possible either.

After a soft sigh of her own, she finished the story simply. “He won.” Because that was where that story had ended for now. They were still waiting to see what happened next. She stopped watching the dancing snowflakes then, and returned to watching Mauja - curious, as always, about his reaction... or if he would have one at all.

If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
a wish - by Alysanne - 11-28-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: a wish - by Mauja - 11-29-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: a wish - by Alysanne - 11-29-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: a wish - by Mauja - 12-01-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: a wish - by Alysanne - 12-01-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: a wish - by Mauja - 12-01-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: a wish - by Alysanne - 12-01-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: a wish - by Mauja - 12-04-2016, 07:14 AM
RE: a wish - by Alysanne - 12-05-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: a wish - by Mauja - 12-08-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: a wish - by Alysanne - 12-20-2016, 08:41 PM