the Rift

[OPEN] Turbulence Ahead

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

While a shadow of doubt still lingered in the older girl’s expression, she decided to let the matter rest. She could not do much about the filly’s (Esi’s?) wing out here, and if the younger girl was betraying no sign of pain, then perhaps she would be fine. Areli knew that if it had been her, she would have surely been crying and carrying on after such a tumble—in fact, that was exactly what she’d done after her unfortunate plunge into the sea that awful time at the Endless Blue. But not a tear escaped Esi’s eyes, nor a sniffle her still-wriggling muzzle, and so Areli traded full-blown worry for a gentler sisterly concern.

“No,” she replied then, faintly amused at the filly’s efforts to even her mottled coat. “Though I guess I’ve never exactly tried to get rid of them. They’re rather nice at night, when it’s dark,” she went on, turning to look at them fondly. The dapples had been her earliest night-light, and in fact she found it quite comforting to fall asleep under their warm glow. “I—!“

But she never finished the thought, for Bee was yelping as the filly lunged at her, thrown off balance from her preoccupation with the burred paw. The sand-colored pup tumbled to the ground and Esi descended upon her, the furious dark muzzle already working at the thistles along the wolf’s belly. Bee struggled momentarily, thrashing about in the snow, but once the young girl had worked the first burr free, the realization dawned upon her that she should take advantage of the helpful stranger. Initially startled by the commotion, Areli resettled flared wings upon her back and merely rolled her eyes at the pup. More help than you, Bee shot back at her, hind paw waving happily in the air. Areli ignored her.

“I’m Areli,” she said, turning back to the younger girl. “I live—well, I’m going back to, anyway—the Hidden Falls. I’ve been looking for my mother,” she explained, doing her best not to openly eye the mud that seemed to be oozing from Esi’s spine. If Parelia had been there, she would have told her to mind her manners.

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme

@Esinakh
sorry I'm trash and took so long to reply many apologies
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Turbulence Ahead - by Esinakh - 11-29-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Turbulence Ahead - by Areli - 11-29-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: Turbulence Ahead - by Esinakh - 12-04-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: Turbulence Ahead - by Areli - 12-06-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: Turbulence Ahead - by Esinakh - 12-20-2016, 10:14 AM
RE: Turbulence Ahead - by Areli - 01-22-2017, 03:37 PM