the Rift

[OPEN] Dragon's Doorstep

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

It was, as it turned out, not the fiery bay who greeted her this time, but a stallion of a rather different countenance. That much she assumed, anyway, watching him trot gracefully towards her across the red sand. He was fairly handsome, with his coat split evenly between patches of honey and cream, but what she noticed were his eyes—they were friendly and alert, and it did much to reassure her. Perhaps he knew of her brother?

When he greeted her with a bow and a smile, she relaxed all the more. Though her heart was still pounding from the flight and from general uncertainty, his tone helped to slow the racing blood in her veins. She bobbed her head back, forelock falling prettily over her golden eyes. While time had turned her into a long-legged young mare, a bud just at the point of blooming, she still felt very much like the shy foal that she had been the last time she had come here. Awkwardly, she cleared her throat. “Hello…” Areli began tentatively, realizing after she had spoken that she did not know in what manner she should address him. “Hello…sir.” Mind your manners! Parelia’s voice rang out in her head, which the girl bobbed again as an attempt at a sort of…polite emphasis? She could almost hear Mama sigh. “I’m Areli,” she began again, head still lowered deferentially. “I don’t live here—well, I suppose you know that, but—please sir—Cera—have you seen my brother? He lives here now, ever since leaving home in the Falls; Ilios is his name. He’s almost your color, but without the white, and his hair’s darker and sticks up more, and his wings are a different—they’re teal, you see, and—“ The words were coming out in a rush, even as something in her throat seemed to stick. “Or have you seen my mother, sir,” she asked through the great and sudden dry sob that cracked her voice and stooped her shoulders. “She doesn’t live here, but I can’t find her, and…and I don’t know where else she might have gone.” The last words were a whisper. She couldn’t bring herself to look up at the kind stranger, not with the tears making tracks in her dusty face and her composure all a mess.

"speech"

OOC: of course not!
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 11-29-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Cera - 11-29-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 11-29-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Volterra - 11-30-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 12-02-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Cera - 12-02-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Volterra - 12-04-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Areli - 12-06-2016, 02:44 AM
RE: Dragon's Doorstep - by Volterra - 12-10-2016, 09:05 AM