the Rift

[PRIVATE] just a front door to you

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

Part of me expects her to say no, because I think that she enjoys making me frustrated with her. I’m not sure what sort of pleasure can be derived from raising some one’s blood pressure, but I am definitely of the mind that, for some people, it’s as bad as a drug.

Today, however, she seems amiable enough, even wearing the ghost of a smile for a moment, before becoming her usual surly self. I look into the expression as much as I look into anything that doesn’t pertain to myself, and, currently, I’m preoccupied with trying to piece together her first sentence.

What do I want to know, I think, but I’m not sure. Something about knowing…

I hate feeling stupid, like I do now, but the only way to not feel stupid when she uses her language against me is to know it. I have to feel stupid to not feel stupid, and it’s fucking stupid.

So I glare at her when I answer, not because I’m actually all that angry with her, but because I have a hard time keeping my emotions off my face. An ear flicks back as I try my best to answer in Dothraki, finding that it’s easier to remember the more I use it, even if I do feel like a primitive, feather adorned bird while using it.

"Ato esina," I hope to be correct, my lackluster accent derived as much from my annoyance with my own incompetence as it is annoyance with this language for existing at all, "yer okkat."

Translations:
Ato esina: something different
yer okkat: you to choose (he’s using the improper verb form here, cause dumb)

It's better to push something away that's slipping
Than to risk being dragged down
@Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 12-01-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 12-19-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 12-21-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 12-31-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 01-03-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 01-05-2017, 12:04 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 01-09-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 02-07-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:05 AM