the Rift

[PRIVATE] pain's not ashamed to repeat itself

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Having spent a couple nights above ground in the winter maelstroms of above, I had decided that being confined down here was not so bad a prospect, after all.  When the promising allure of the warmth in the caverns had been sealed away beneath a frosty gale, and I’d been forced to linger above ground for a couple of nights, I’d learned my lesson.

I now dutifully returned here, to the underground realms, even if the snow might trap me below again.  That I might also be stuck with Mordecai had, for the time, waned in its annoyances, as well, perhaps due to fluctuations in the ever changing emotional state of women (and my own youthful unsteadiness, as well, but surely she was more to blame than perfect me). 

For now, though, Duir and I are alone, the magpie still gone to wherever she’d been all day (why would I care where she was?  I didn’t).  Well, sort of alone, as there is the usual gaggle of persons avoiding the cold as there always is, my golden eyes glancing unassumingly at them as my companion and I pass, headed towards the crystalline cavern. 

Surprisingly, this place has seemed to be empty of others most of the times I’ve wandered about it.  Maybe having something to do with the winding paths and disorienting light the crystals warp and bend throughout the place, I find something oddly… pleasantly peaceful about this place.  Finding my usual haunt, a glassy floored, six foot by eight somewhat circular round some small ways in, framed by a vast array of sharp, reaching pillars of translucent stone, I pull out the small blue stone the Time God had given me, from where I’d tucked it into my shoulder armor.

The release of pressure from where it had been pressed into my muscles all day is pleasant, almost as pleasant as the warmth of the stone itself.  Feeling my own body heat radiate against my winter chilled lips, wondering whether or not I really want to use it again, and knowing all the while that I’d probably have to.  Who wanted to face a God’s wrath?  Not me.

But I also didn’t really want to face more situations like that with Albrecht.  While the task had seemed innocuous enough at first, the reality of it had been much worse. 

As it turns out, I don’t really care for not being in control of myself.

Make you stronger, Duir assures me, to which I simply snort, because…

Was it really worth it?

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Merlin

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
pain's not ashamed to repeat itself - by Rikyn - 12-01-2016, 02:09 PM