the Rift

[PRIVATE] the promise of a star

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
you can't take the sky from me
Night. It blanketed their world in a darkness she was unfamiliar with; it was cold, chilling, and off. It felt off. There was a shiver that worked its way through her body unlike any she could recall, coat hairs standing on end and wings held out just enough to warrant a quick take off should flight become necessary. She again found herself in a place she had never been before--but really, wasn't everywhere there a place she'd "never been"?--with air tinged with a tension she never felt between her and a place. Surely she could put a finger on the feeling with others she encountered, but never a land. Then, she'd never been in a place akin to Helovia. Not that she remembered anyway.

'Never's seemed to be her constant company.

With the night went her stars, lit brightly from the inside out. They twinkled as harmless lightning arcs danced between her mane and tail strands, outward breaths easily tangled among the underbrush of whatever stone columns she found herself upon. She didn't know if it was the cause of her uneasy feeling or perhaps a figment of her own imagination, something she created simply because there was nothing left for her to focus on. She could only feel the eyes of ghostly strangers following her as she moved from border to border, lands without names for her to call them by. Aurora Basin, World's Edge, Dragon's Throat--the falling of ice shards from a weight which they could not bear in her mind; she wouldn't go near so instead she traveled far. She went out and settled in a quiet patch, only to feel as unsure as she did before.

The dull ring of hooves against stone did no good in helping to calm her nerves.

And in the dark, with her starry light, she gazed upon the rainbow roof.
LINEART CREDIT

@MESEC <3

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
the promise of a star - by Serenity - 12-01-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: the promise of a star - by Mesec - 12-03-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: the promise of a star - by Serenity - 12-17-2016, 10:49 AM