the Rift

Tiptoe Through The Tulips

Nero Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3HH :: 8
Daisy

Another brute entered the scene and it left Nero even more on edge, not sure whether he should run to attack, or run to flee. In the end he just stood nervously next to the filly, every muscle tensed. He reeked of fear. It soon became known that the stag was merely back up for the snowy bitch, and he rolled his eyes in his skull. His first cruel words were, surprisingly, directed towards the spotted mare. Even with his ears flat back he still listened, interested. So, it turned out the mare had a foal, but had abandoned it. He could not help but feel slightly disappointed.

He wasn't sure why, exactly- afterall, people were never as nice or as open or as truthful as they seemed. He did not spend anytime dwelling on his surprise that she was just like the rest as the newcomer aimed his barbed tongue at Nero himself this time. "I can see why you are a pair. I never was asking for an invitation, nor would I accept one from such high handed bitches." He murmured, the snarl back in his throat as they teetered on the precipice of conflict. It was the filly, as always, who stopped the situation from escalating any further.

Her voice was soothing, lulling him into a state of mind that was less anxious. Her words, when he finally interpreted them, confused him somewhat and he furrowed his brow. "Of course you can Romina..." But where was she going? All here today had seen how innocent, young, and lacking experience of the world she was. It seemed inevitable that something bad was going to happen to her, if she was all alone! Before he could think of a way to stop her, to encourage her to stay with him, she turned around and fled. She was much more nimble then he, and even as he started forward, he knew he wouldn't be able to catch up to the sprightly filly. He felt deep sorrow, and neighed loudly, a great bellowing sound.

At least with the departure of the foal, the other pair had left too. Good riddance. That still left one, however, and the heavy stag slowly turned around to face her with a none so pleasant expression. Again, the disappointment he felt knowing she was just like the rest sat oddly in him, and he watched with no sympathy as she cried. Was it grief? Hurt feelings? Or guilt? The cynical side of him (nearly his personality entirely) said the latter. He was free now to leave. Yet something made him hesitate. Likely, he thought, that age old instinct to prove people wrong. While he liked to pretend he was a "vulgar vagabond" it was all just a cover. He still held absolutely no kindness towards her nor any other adult he met, but practicality also weighed on his mind. He did not know these lands, and it was a long trek back to where he came with winter well and truly here.

He did not need her or want her. He'd survive without directions- however, it'd likely be a close thing. Despite his always present belly, his ribs sprang up either side of his jutting spine bone, and his hips resembled that of a cow, rather then a horse. Even his great thick neck had lost some of its depth. "If you insist on bothering me, I would not be against finding somewhere warmer, and with more food, then this." He mumbled, ears twitching this way and that. While he didn't like her, he felt she was no threat to him.

ooc// I somehow managed to lose my good post sorry guys! But thank you so much for the awesome thread, I'm excited to start posting. Bob could you PM me so we can discuss threading these two more? <3
@Myrrine

Messages In This Thread
Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Nero - 12-02-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Romina - 12-02-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Myrrine - 12-02-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Nero - 12-03-2016, 06:30 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Arah - 12-05-2016, 05:06 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Romina - 12-05-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Myrrine - 12-05-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Nero - 12-07-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Arah - 12-09-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Tiptoe Through The Tulips - by Romina - 12-10-2016, 08:09 PM