the Rift

[OPEN] Careful What You Ask For

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
Kiada couldn’t mistake the strange feeling in her chest today. Something was going to happen, she just knew it. Though, the last time this feeling happened, Khairi was just extra lucky in finding another meal to suffice his forever craving. The more she thought about it, and the more she scanned for the brute of a bird, she noticed he was gone. Flying about in search of food more than likely on the unsuspecting squirrels, rabbits, and mice that inhabited the Edge during this time. She sighed quietly, stretching from her bed to make her way out into the Edge – to perhaps sneak out and escape for another day of adventure away from her mother and father’s gaze.

As ink dipped legs brought her closer to the Edge’s borders, where the large metal gate sat, she felt a sudden rush. Spotting Khairi in the distance, she tried to shrug it off, until he squawked an almost ear piercing sound. “Kianzo!” He screeched into her mind. White rimmed ears flicked back immediately at the penetrating sound before her heart began to thud with the idea. Oh, if the vulture was joking then he would surely die. Her hooves immediately picked up, her pace increasing until she was at a full-blown run. She made it to the gate, passing through it as bright blues wildly sought that of her brothers.

And she wasn’t disappointed.

She skid to a stop a few paces away from him, her eyes unbelieving, the flames along her back shifted far too fast for anyone to see anything other than a few random legs here and there from various animals. It wasn’t until Khairi aimed to collide with the hyena did she realize that this was real. She flicked her tail nervously, but began to walk toward him before breaking into a canter, colliding with the boy as her body began to burst into a harmless flame. All over her body, not just her spine this time, rose butterflies and birds. “Zo. Ni kweli wewe.” She buried her inky face into his shoulder then, tears stinging her ears before they began to fall.

My, how they’d grown since then. It had been nearly two seasons since they’d seen each other. They were taller, more filled out, stronger than ever. And his voice was something she almost didn’t recognize. “I – I’ve missed you so much, Brother. I searched everywhere for you.” She whispered, her words breaking in between hiccups. Oh, how she hated to show weakness. But her twin was her weakness, and she didn’t realize just how much his disappearance hurt until he was standing there in front of her – where she could smell his familiar scent of ash and burnt trees.

"Talk."

Ni kweli wewe. - It's really you.
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

AMGGG. Kiada's using the magic that was given to her by the Halloween SWP.
KIADA :: [Temp Magic: Her passive magic covers her entire body for 1 thread]

In this case, they're birds for surprise and butterflies for love - something Zo hasn't seen yet ;)

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
Careful What You Ask For - by Thranduil - 12-04-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Kianzo - 12-20-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Kiada - 12-20-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Rexanna - 12-21-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Tembovu - 12-22-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Thranduil - 12-22-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Kianzo - 12-24-2016, 04:38 PM