the Rift

[OPEN] Careful What You Ask For

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
Kianzo
Silence held, tense and still, as the clang of the gate faded and he (along with Si’s) call ended. Only once more did his eyes dart to the golden’s, finding a rewarding grin to his efforts at calling his family. But that was all; there was no encouragement or words assuage the blossoming anxiety in the colt’s dark chest. (Not that the ashen heart truly expected such things from the Laurelin).

Until an ear flicked towards the skies at the familiar, nearly silent glide—Khairi. His dark blue gaze flicked upwards, in time to see the regal, white vulture descend upon Keusi. The hyena, true to form, snarled and snapped once at her cub-hood friend, before raising her paws to draw the vulture into herself in a dangerous hug. Despite her prickly greeting, the hyena had missed her feathered, white cohort. She spared one lick on the vulture’s beak—partly in greeting and partly to devour whatever blood was left there from Khairi’s last meal.

But Kianzo’s eyes were not for the reuniting companions. No, his intensely blue gaze skewered the mirrored face that stared at him from the other side of the gate. His nostrils flared, trying to catch any whiff of her scent he could—though his hooves were strangely rooted in place. His gaze darted to the butterflyies and birds that rose in flames along her spine—butterflies? A slight crease lined his eyes in shocked surprise (a motion so similar to his father’s)—but his attention was quickly jerked back to her face as she was tears fell.

His ears tilted back in uncertainty. Never had he seen sister cry.

“Yes, ni mimi,” he murmured into her (now flaming) neck; his own pulling her tightly to him as he furiously blinking his intensely, now-gleaming eyes. What normally would have pushed out of his lips: “I saw you with Ru’in. I saw that you replaced me.” Stayed on his tongue due to the recent, fresh teachings by the Laurelin. Saying such things would reveal that he had seen his sister, his family, and remained away, rather than simply being held captive or lost.

Though, despite Thranduil’s lessons so easily learned and the colt’s dark penchant for manipulation, it felt wrong to be as such with his other half—as if he was beguiling himself. But, instead of his accusations, he asked, “When did you learn to become all flames?” His muzzle ran along her spine where the birds and butterflies flocked—though his ears remained tilted towards her skull as she spoke again: ’I’ve missed you so much.’

Guilt flared in his gut—he shouldn’t not have been gone for so long. Ears pin with the emotion, as he gently started to groom along her fiery lower back,Samahani. I am here now,” was his quiet murmur between grooming.

And then his mother was there—her beautifully bright eyes on him. But she didn’t come to him; no, instead she went to the Laurelin. Her words and her touches and her looks were all for the golden. The colt’s sharp gaze narrowed slightly—but he couldn't watch long for suddenly the earth began to tremble.

His father was there, sweeping both he and Kiada into his chest. It was hot and tight there, filled with a father’s love and worry. Despite the colt’s innate distrust of his ever absent sire, the youthfulness in him could not fight the sense of security he found there. So he didn’t push away, but neither did he relax in his father’s embrace. His homecoming, though to his entire family, was meant for Kiada.

Though the colt’s eyes, again, narrowed and his brows raised as his father offered the Laurelin a home in the Edge. His head cocked slightly, questioningly—had not the lessons he just learned lent his mind towards manipulative trains of thought? And then he began to fade away, a golden shadow hanging in the edges of all that he touched.

ni mimi = it is me
Samahani = I am sorry
You must know darkness before you can know light.

@Kiada

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

Messages In This Thread
Careful What You Ask For - by Thranduil - 12-04-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Kianzo - 12-20-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Kiada - 12-20-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Rexanna - 12-21-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Tembovu - 12-22-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Thranduil - 12-22-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Careful What You Ask For - by Kianzo - 12-24-2016, 04:38 PM