the Rift

[PRIVATE] only for you and me

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Black rimmed ears swiveled backwards—though it wouldn’t help him hear Mbwene’s words that spoke into his mind rather than his ears, ’Rex call.’ His great head swiveled in the direction of their home, navy eyes squinting against the glare of the late sun against the pristine snow. He peered out from the thick, gnarled, misted trunks across the great meadow in the center of the herdlands; in the cold weather, he always redoubled his patrolling walks around the herdlands to make sure that none of the herd members were succumbing to the cold weather.

With a fleeting glance towards the borders he was guarding, he turned and began to hastily trot back towards their home. Why was Rexanna calling him? His jaw set slightly as his thick, black lips pursed—guilt at rarely seeing his mate, after having asked her to leave her home behind to live with him in the Edge swelling in his barrel. Mbwene, as a product of this guilt, generally remained close to Rexanna and Marembo; the grouchy pachyderm had grown relatively fond of the little polecat, even allowing him to laze on her tusks when the snow iced his dextrous paws. She had not, however, entirely warmed up the Kiada. There was something dark in the filly that the matriarch mistrusted.

Loud, fast crushing of snow announced the Elephant’s arrival at their home—and he had eyes only for Rexanna’s cerulean gaze. His navy eyes softened and warmed the moment he saw her, the creases of responsibility and lines of worry melting away as he did not slow until his thick neck was secured around her silken, slender one.

He rumbled a warm, wordless greeting, nostrils flaring as they buried into her soft mane to take in her smell—lilies and sunshine. Eyes closed, he murmured, “I’ve missed you, mpenzi. Pausing, he shifted his massive stature once, enjoying how her beautifully svelte and smaller body fit so easily into his—though the shift was one of slight uneasiness, “I should give you a rank, here in the Edge. I know that you left one in the Basin… Would you like that?” He lipped the silken strands of her mane when he finished asking.
When the heart is on fire,
stop chasing the rain.
image |Table

@Rexanna
I'm so sorry for how long this reply took <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
only for you and me - by Rexanna - 12-05-2016, 12:43 AM
RE: only for you and me - by Tembovu - 12-27-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: only for you and me - by Rexanna - 12-30-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: only for you and me - by Tembovu - 01-16-2017, 07:29 PM