the Rift

[PRIVATE] Reunited and it feels SO good!

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?
The wolf said nothing in response, only wagged her tail and looked up at her with bright, intelligent eyes. Areli’s grip on the dagger loosened, but Bee was not so easily convinced. Strange, she growled, hackles still raised. The wolf had no way of knowing what creature Isabella truly was, but an animal instinct told her that something seemed off. Perhaps she was no wild creature, but Bee suspected that this so-seeming wolf was not quite of her kind. Concerned with this idea, the sand-colored animal bared her teeth. 

Then it was Bee’s turn to be surprised. Her silver sister lowered her lanky body to the ground and lay flat, posture clearly submissive. Bee’s ears flopped sideways in confusion. Huh? she asked her mistress, looking to her for guidance.

But before they could puzzle over the mysterious vine-marked wolf further, the sound of beating wings filled the air and before either dog or damsel quite knew what was happening, the real Ilios was rushing towards them, neck outstretched. “ILLY!” she shrieked, fortunately dropping the knife just before he came crashing into her, wrapping her in a long-awaited embrace.

“I missed you too, Illy,” she whispered, the tears in her eyes reflecting his, “I don’t know what happened…I woke up one morning, and all of the seasons were different, and Mama was gone…and then I looked and looked but I can’t find her, and I saw you at the beach but then we got separated…” The words came out in a nearly incoherent rush, almost sounding just as strange to her as they must to him. All that had happened in the past year was a confused jumble to her, but he was her big brother and she clung to the hope that somehow he would be able to fix things.

Through her tears, he had called the wolf forward, introducing her as his companion. Though she was happy for him, she felt a pang of sadness for all she had missed. “Oh,” she sniffled, mustering up a half-smile, “I was wondering…I thought for a minute that she was somehow you. Silly.”

For her part, it all went over Bee’s head, but she recognized the teal-tinted stallion and remembered Areli’s fondness for him. She offered Ilios a wag of her tail as he lowered his muzzle to her, casting a sidelong glance at the silver wolf who stood at his side. Areli was too overcome for Bee to stray, but she sent a cautious sniff in her direction. 

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme

@Ilios
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Reunited and it feels SO good! - by Ilios - 12-08-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: Reunited and it feels SO good! - by Areli - 12-08-2016, 03:49 AM
RE: Reunited and it feels SO good! - by Ilios - 12-09-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: Reunited and it feels SO good! - by Areli - 12-29-2016, 03:46 AM