the Rift

[OPEN] Wicked this way comes [joining]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

Another thundering of hooves caught her attention, and before she could stop herself she stood protectively next to the mare, ready to fend off anyone that tried to disrupt this tiring moment for her. All resolve she once had faded upon recognizing Volterra, who clearly looked very worried for this mare in labor? Were they mates? Was he the father of this coming child? These questions were quickly answered for her as he spoke the mare's name, keeping close and watching her carefully. The look of affection and concern in his eyes made her heart swell and break all at once. Hadn't Quilyan looked at her in such a way when she was in labor with Laume? Had he not been anxious to keep to her side and make sure all went well? Eager to see their little child be brought into this world?

Her bittersweet memories were interrupted at the sight of a form slipping out of Airlia, causing her to burst into action. The mare began to lick her, expression unreadable as she informed them both of the gender, and even offered Volterra the chance of naming her. Should she have done that for Quilyan? Was this a common courtesy among couples she had not been made aware of? Yet her and the late golden prince had never really been a couple, so their entire situation was not one of tradition. She would need to worry about these musings later, for Volterra was speaking again, so proud of his little babe the love evident in his crimson eyes. Oh, he was so happy, and Myrrine couldn't help but be happy for both of them. It made her wish for what she could no longer have.

Doing her best to blink back the tears that had begun to form, she moved closer to the red beauty tenderly, looking at her kindly and speaking,"Congratulations to both of you! She is very beautiful, the perfect combination of you both." Just like Laume was of them, and she had to stop herself from crying once again as she cleared her throat, looking over the woman carefully to see if she was having any ill effects of afterbirth. Once she deemed her fine, she began to speak again, eyes kind and the sadness hidden from them for the moment,"Are you able to stand Miss Airlia? I'm sure your little girl will be hungry soon! I can also make a small blend of herbs for you to get the milk flow going should you have problems with nursing."  She paused in her instructions, before lifting her head up to Volterra and smiling, offering her muzzle to him sweetly.

"You must be so proud Volterra. Laume's father was as well when he first saw her. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her!" then she was giggling, letting her eyes close as she took the time to express her joy, all while deep within her heart was breaking in two. This was how it had been for both of them, and maybe she and Quilyan would have been something good, something great even, if she hadn't pushed him away and secluded herself into her own world. It hadn't been only his fault that she had gotten pregnant after all. She was just as responsible, if not more because of how childish and emotional she had been that day in the Rotunda. The place where they first came together, and then all at once departed forever. Now she was unable to handle the bubbling emotion, the pain and hurt that seared into her soul, and with a deep breath she managed to look to them both once more, speaking softly,"You let me know if you need anything. You seem to have had a very successful delivery though. I will let you two have your time together." Then before either of them could see it, she abruptly turned and began to trot away, the tears now streaming as she couldn't stop thinking of what could have been.

"Talk."
the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Airlia - sorry it's so abrupt. Myrrine got sad and didn't wanna ruin the moment. Thanks for letting me be a part of this guys and forgive me for taking so long!
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
Wicked this way comes [joining] - by Airlia - 12-08-2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Wicked this way comes [joining] - by Myrrine - 12-09-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Wicked this way comes [joining] - by Volterra - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Wicked this way comes [joining] - by Airlia - 12-11-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Wicked this way comes [joining] - by Volterra - 12-14-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Wicked this way comes [joining] - by Myrrine - 12-19-2016, 10:05 PM