the Rift

[PRIVATE] too much of heaven can hurt like hell

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
Warmth blossomed in her aurelian pelt as Khairi’s laughter and enjoyment passed through their bond. She looked to Arakh with a small smile before adding “he thinks we’re competing – though I think it’s because we’re so similar.” She noted, explaining the laughter from the smug vulture sitting along his perch. But then, the conversation is shifting as she steps closer to him, inspecting him, watching as he bulked out his muscles – already surprisingly there despite their young age – and she marvels in the greatness that leaked from his chrome pelt. Kianzo was strong, too, but in a lithe snake-like way. Arakh reminded her of a bull (and not for the obvious reasons) but in the way that he’d take things head on with brute force.

And when he inspected her in turn, she beamed with pride. Khairi had grown tired of their game ending with flirtation as opposed to the competition they once held, and so he took off in a large white flurry against the snow in search of a meal. He hunted while Kiada listened to Arakh proclaim he’d grow bigger, and mentally rolled his eyes. Kiada, meanwhile, offered the bull horned boy a small chime of a laugh. Her flesh, despite scarred, burned with each place along her body he touched, recoiling in excitement and entertainment of what an act so simple could do. “We’ll find out, won’t we?” The joke left her lips as she winked to him.

Then, he was the one to step away. And she felt the sudden warmth of his presence leach away into the cold space he’d occupied. His teal gaze never left hers, though, and perhaps that gave her some solace. And when Arakh continued to speak, she found her dark legs beginning to follow him while Khairi snapped up a small mouse, hidden away under the roots of a tree. “I tend to have the most fun covered in blood.” She mused with a brilliant daring grin. And then, as if Khairi felt the need to emphasize the point, he landed upon her back with the small mouse hanging limp in his dark beak, blood pouring and dripping down his white feathers, landing and staining her spotted rump with warmth. And with that, she laughed quietly at the irony. “You seem like the kind to enjoy getting a little dirty now and then. Is that true?” Tilting her dark head, she paused in her steps after him to see the response.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

@Arakh YUP SHIPPING THEM ALL.

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
too much of heaven can hurt like hell - by Arakh - 12-27-2016, 04:48 PM