the Rift

[OPEN] It's Starting To Look A Lot Like Grinchmas. [Storytelling + Raffle]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
The snow was had stilled on the frozen ground, such much that she and Wynter had swept out a circle so those in their herd could gather without having to stand on the wet and freezing slush. Mostly she wanted to protect the hooves of younglings, so their parents would allow them to attend more meetings in the future. As the doe worked she hoped Tilney, Maude or Aelfwine would show up, or even just one other. If one soul turned up then she would be happy. Studying the cleared ground with a satisfied nod she moved to stand in the center and then took in a deep breath to settle her nerves. It had been a while since she'd lead a gathering, it stirred up her nerves. Tilting her head back she allowed her voice to fill the air, bringing those who resided within The Edge to come to her side. "Come one, come all! It's time for another story." Wynter added her voice to the cries, her shrill call summoning those out of limbo and out of the frozen states to be warmed by the tales of the magic that appeared during the Frostfall season.

The doe watched and waited as they gathered, smiling at those she knew and nodding to those she did not. Waiting for calm to wash over those gathered and silence to fill, the doe allowed her gentle tones to fill the frozen air. "Frostfall is a harsh season of Helovia, some struggle to survive while others find themselves carrying the weight of those that are falling." She herself had been carried, both physically and emotionally, by those in her herd. If it were not for them then she'd not be here now, speaking to them as equals...as family."Yet beauty can also be found during these difficult months, beauty and magic." As she said this Wynter called loudly, remembering the gifts that had been bestowed upon her bonded. The ice crown that rested upon her brow was such a gift, glinting in the mid-day sun. "Each year Helovia becomes host to an event unlike any other, similar to god appearing, an egg being discovered or even the presence of magic itself." Those were lessons for the future however, for now she wanted to focus only on the event that never failed to amaze her. "In the past the events have been headed by The Earth Turtle or something called The Giving Tree." She smiled as she thought of the kind turtle who never failed to raise the morals of those gathered, his kind eyes and deep voice.

Wynter spread her wings and gently lifted the ice crown from her head, setting it on the ground in front of the silver doe. "A gift I received from such a gathering not to long ago." The crown was still stunning, each time she wore it Arah was reminded of the joy. There was no place like Helovia, none could match the magic, adventure and love she'd found within in. Everyday she was grateful for such an amazing home to return to, no matter the heartbreak she may have experienced during her years. "You see The Earth Turtle and the Tree have rather generous natures. If you're lucky enough to stumble upon them, then who knows what gift they'll bestow upon you!" Even if you missed out on the larger gifts it was worth the journey just to behold the sight of so many different Helovians gathered in the one place. Oh, and of course the turtle, there was no other speaking turtle within Helovia...well as far as Arah was concerned anyway.

"Each time they appear, spirits are lifted and gifts are distributed. I encourage all of you, shake off the freezing fingers of winter and head out to explore the lands of Helovia!" Laughing she made a 'shooing' gestured with her front left leg. "You'll never know what you will find out there!" As she concluded the doe bowed her head, thanking those who had given her their time.

It's you,
It's you,
It's all for you. 
Everything I do. 

A quick storytelling thread to spread the Christmas spirit or vomit, whatever you prefer. If you respond you'll go into a raffle to win a manip from me. This is the only offical round, just respond and then your character can leave in the same post. Arah will stick around to answer to any questions or interact with your characters if they wish. My Deviantart for examples.
Raffle closes on the 25th of December, 6:00pm (AEST; UTC+10:00) - Australian time guys!

There is still time to enter the current Helovian giveaway : here.
It closes on the 22 of December, 6:00 PM Central Time.

Merry Christmas World's Edge!
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
It's Starting To Look A Lot Like Grinchmas. [Storytelling + Raffle] - by Arah - 12-20-2016, 07:28 PM