the Rift

[OPEN] It's Starting To Look A Lot Like Grinchmas. [Storytelling + Raffle]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
They come and she waits, a warm smile painting her lips, welcoming those to her gathering. The first is a great man, she does not know his name but appreciates his interest in her stories all the same. "Welcome." She eagerly bids him closer, wanting him to be able to catch every word. Before she can inquire after his name her daughter comes bounding over. Her little daughter is beaming and gave a delightful little nicker in greeting. Laughing Arah shakes her head, "a spur of the moment decision my little doe."Her daughter swoops forward and snuggles into Arah's shoulder and the silver doe bends down to embrace her daughter. "Next time I promise to tell you first, okay?" Arah whispered so only Maude would hear her words.

Looking up she notes the arrival of twins and a Cerndyr who appeared either without his bonded...or was he. Frowning Arah peered at the creature, though it was not to exclude him. All were welcome, including the other creatures who resided within The Edge. Shaking it off she chuckled, "and welcome to you!" her golden eyes moved back to the twins, "all of you." A golden mare next arrives, offering a foreign greeting before asking to listen as well. "All are welcome to listen to my stories, please make yourself comfortable." Sensing an uneasiness in the mare she ponders how to make her feel more welcome to their meeting. Then Lyanna appears and certainly knows her by name, a friend would help settle any nerves. A young colt is next, a colt that she notes hangs back looking rather longingly at the pairs. She wants to bring him in closer, she watches him while another mare arrives and then finally Tilney.
He greets her with a kiss and she him with a smile only meant for him. "Tilney." Her whispered response is barely audible and she has to clear her head and focus her attentions in order to tell her tale properly. She is pleased to see her lover attempting to bring the young boy into the fray, it is small actions like this that make her love him even harder.

As she tells her tale Maude stays close to her side, Arah snuggles her from time to time as if assuring herself that Maude is still there. Each is entrapped by her words, listening to her tale and within some she could see the wonder growing larger in their eyes.

As she fell silent there was not the expected rush from the general area, instead they remained with questions and queries. Did she know where the earth turtle came from? "Not exactly, as a friend of the Earth God I assume he has many abilities and may be able to survive somewhere other than the sea." With a frown she reflected upon her memories of the creature. "Yet he also strikes me as a humble creature, one who would not use such abilities unnecessary." With a laugh she concluded. "He may simply live in the sea with the rest of the turtles." The response was boring, it held none of the mystical wonder of her pervious tale. A lesson could be taught here, the doe pauses and gathers her words. "Perhaps we expect magic so that we see it even when, in reality, there is none." Focusing her gaze of the stallion she explains her words, "sometimes turtles are simply turtles who come from the sea." Arah looks to Tilney at their daughter's words, a questioning look in her eyes. Would they explore together? "Yes, if daddy agrees we shall go looking for the earth turtle!" With a laugh she turns to her daughter, of course her daughter makes her look at her words and reconsider them. "Yes Maude, if he come from the sea, it is absolutely beautiful. There are creatures down there that I've never seen!" Soaking up her daughter's delight she continued. "There are reefs painted with every colour imaginable, sea shells and the grass down there is thick and shimmering sea weed."

No one else had asked any questions and so she paused for a moment. "Where do you all think the turtle comes from?" The question was directed more towards the children in attempt to make them become kick their minds into a creative mode. Yet of course the adults present were just as welcome to share their thoughts. Falling silent she opened the floor for all to present their opinions.

It's you,
It's you,
It's all for you. 
Everything I do. 

Thank you to everyone who entered! The winner is @Smitty! Randomised list
Additionally I apologise for any mistakes, it is christmas here today and I've been on the piss.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Starting To Look A Lot Like Grinchmas. [Storytelling + Raffle] - by Arah - 12-25-2016, 05:53 AM