the Rift

[OPEN] fireflies (in my heart)

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
THEN I WILL FOLLOW YOU IN TO THE DARK

She comes, swaying in the winds as she walks, sullen and somber against the day,  against the sweet salt of the sea. You watch her, the strange shadow of a creature at her side, dismissing the flicker of curiosity that rises of just what he is, from the corner of your eye, silently curled among the sands and indifference. You do not see the red of her eyes so familiar to you, do not look closely enough to notice the fractured lines of defeat written all over her face, something that is also known to you far too well.

And so she is just a woman, and you nearly turn away from her, away from the threat to your solitude (you fear that to talk would be to come apart, to admit aloud just how much of a failure of a mother that you've been, and all the selfish reasons why), but she stops, and maybe if you had noticed the sunken position of her eyes, the downward twist to her lips, her collapse would not be so much of a surprise. Your body leans forwards enough for you to sway on your feet but even now as she lays against the warmth of the sand there is hesitation. Hesitation in the face of your condition, the importance of finding your son that weighs on your mind, heart, body, and the doubt within yourself of being able to help her because of it in the first place.

You breathe against it, pushing yourself towards the gray woman. The things that you hadn't seen before now become apparent as you come close, and your eyebrows fall together, your heart unable, unwilling to open itself to her too. It is with a quick once-over and a small nod of your head at the absence of any obvious wounds that you finally stop a distance from her, ears tilting backwards in apprehension as you glance at the long-necked creature beside her. “Are you...alright?”  

image credits

@December
sorry this is such shit. i had to force myself to write, you've been waiting too long ;_;

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
fireflies (in my heart) - by Enna - 12-27-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: fireflies (in my heart) - by December - 12-29-2016, 01:56 AM
RE: fireflies (in my heart) - by Enna - 02-03-2017, 06:02 AM