the Rift

[OPEN] Catch an Assassin by the Toe [Challenge Watch]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Holding me closer, until our eyes meet. You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home.

The sounds of the fight drew her towards the gathered crowd, golden orbs seeking a familiar face and finding many. Yet it was the ashen face beside Tilney that drew her gaze. Her lover was attempting to usher a young colt away from the sight of the fight, a voice rose from the battle field. Was this Raeden child? She was encoring him to head off with Tilney, obviously she did not want the youngster witnessing this fight. It was funny how times had changed her, once she would have offered only a few comforting words to the child. Now she trotted over and smiled warmly down at the quivering child. As she drew closer she recognised him from her storytelling gathering, the youngster had kept to the back until Tilney had welcomed him into the group. Gawen...that was his name. "There now, it's going to be alright." Attempting to maintain a soothing, calm tone in order to settle the child. She owed Raeden as much and would repay some of her kindness by looking after her son while she could not. Bending low so that she could peer into the colt's blue eyes she spoke so him as she would settling Maude during a storm. "I know you are worried but your mother will be alright." Gesturing toward Tilney with her muzzle, the doe allowed a small smile to brighten her face. "After all, we have the best doctor right here!" Moving so that her body blocked the fight from his view, she thought it would be best to move him away from the area.

"I've got an idea!" She said with a wide grin. With a gesture towards Tilney she began, "How about we leave Tilney here to look after you mum but we'll go find Maude!" She wasn't quite sure where her daughter had wondered off to, yet if Arah called she was pretty sure that her daughter would come running. Nudging the boy gently, trying to encourage him away she then offered the next best thing. "Once we find Maude I could tell you both another story,." The silver doe offered with a wide smile, trying to think of a story that would warm him up to the idea of leaving his mother behind mid-fight. Through if he was half as stubborn as Maude then he wouldn't be going anywhere. "You enjoyed my tale about the Earth Turtle and the Giving tree, right?" She asked him, then she decided on a story that he might like in a situation like this. "I could tell you about the bond shared between companions or how I came to find Wynter." The griffin was off hunting at the moment but if Arah called she might cut the hunting short and attend the story.

Again in an attempt to encourage the boy to come along with her, she smiled and nodded quickly. "Your mother will be fine." She wasn't lying when she said this, in fact Raeden was holding her own against Toulouse fairly well. "Tilney will look after her, I promise." Would it be enough to convince the child to come with her? She was not sure but she had to try for Gawen and Raeden's sakes.

Art by Hearttosoul @ DA

@Tilney and @Gawen
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: Catch an Assassin by the Toe [Challenge Watch] - by Arah - 12-26-2016, 06:39 PM