the Rift

[OPEN] Catch an Assassin by the Toe [Challenge Watch]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Her world does not crumble like Gawen’s, but her heart does. His eyes are wide and wild and he moves so much faster than he should and before she’s even thinking, she’s turning to meet him and leave everyone else behind, but suddenly he’s already there. The tears on his face make her want to wrap him in a hug, make her desperate to just make it all okay. But she cannot make it okay.

We all have to learn, Lyanna. And like aways, it is her brother’s voice of reason that finds her. Calms her. Though somewhere in the back of her mind she still wonders if she’s going crazy. But for now, her attention is focused on Gawen.  

Tilney sweeps in with pretty words, offering to take Gawen away. Lyanna nods at him, encouraging, because he does need to leave. He needs to learn, but he doesn’t need to watch. “Gawen,” she says softly, dropping her head down some to be level with the boy, though he’s been growing. But the pain is lost against her torn heart. One more hole to live with. One more hole she’d never patch.

“It’s a challenge. We aren’t allowed to stop it. But I will be right here to help heal them, and to make sure they are okay.” She can’t bring herself to promise that they’ll be okay. They will be. It’s only a challenge. But what if something else happens? How can she make such a promise that she cannot keep. The only promise she can keep is to stay here, to be here when it ends and to heal Raeden first. Which only seems fair, because she’s a little annoyed with Toulouse for making such a circus of this whole thing.

“Why don’t you go with Tilney? I promise I’ll be here to help the whole time, however I can.” I just can’t do the one thing you want me to do, she thinks to herself, her own voice scolding her. After a moment, she pulls her head back up, looking back at Tilney, grateful that he’ll take Gawen. Though of course, only one minute ago he was betting against Raeden, but Gawen doesn’t need to know Tilney was betting at all.

Mauja screams at them – the fighters. His anger is justified. This is what the fight has done. Sent a child to tears. Brought a collection of the herd to watch because they’ve created that much of a scene. Likely, it’s rent holes between a few horses that will not be patched so easily. But she does not think of that. Instead, she keeps her eyes flicking back and forth, from battle to Gawen, making sure he’s okay. Making sure he goes.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: Catch an Assassin by the Toe [Challenge Watch] - by Lyanna - 12-25-2016, 08:23 AM