the Rift

[OPEN] Hold My Hand Against The Night

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
Beyond the light giggles that embrace her crackled voice, the dunskin mare quiets as she faces the reflection beyond her. The cool, frosted glass washes out the eyes that meet her, a ghost greets her from the other side – mother’s hollow eyes, her lost smile. And how quickly it fades as the mare realizes the smallest, briefest sense of her gaze from the other side. Grey lips that disappear from her fading, random spike for jest when there wasn’t quite anything else to do – ears, nearly folding back as she began to step away from the wall. Repulsed by the memory that lives in that reflection beyond her.

There is a familiar voice that stops her dissolving expression from forming any sharp lines, or hardened glares. Ru’s white neck feathers flare, as a softened, muted smile replaces the confusion, the sadness that nearly stains Ru’s face.

“Ah-ya-th – a!”

Ru forgets for a moment, that her lips are lazy and her tongue is paralyzed in certain configurations. Many, all of them, tasks lost to speaking. There were days she wishes she knew, and wondered why her creators had allowed her to live this way. Nonetheless the thought to still her eager voice slips her mind, and bashfully she presses her lips together in a hurried attempt to remind herself she shouldn’t.

Her attempt is ugly and disjointed, useless and childish – colts and fillies alike could pronunciate far better than she could ever imagine to. And somehow it made her less of a person, when the rest of the world could and she couldn’t. Ru swallowed the nonsense sounds, hoping that it would not happen for a second time today.

The girl appreciates the simple touch upon her neck. The warmth of Lyanna’s muzzle appears to elevate her mind, enough to ignore her imperfections for the time being. She coos a warm, and thankful greeting that rumbles out into the quiet air. Offering her muzzle to her neck in turn.

When she asks how she’s doing, an indifferent response permeates when she raises both wings and her shoulders in a shrug. Before rocking her head side to side, as if to say, ‘so-so.’ If she were honest with herself, she would admit that she was lonely here in this winter wonderland. That it was too cold for her liking, and she’d rather prefer a body to lean into – all snuggled with shared warmth. Alas her curious eyes moves back upon the structure when Lyanna motions to enter. The girl, giving a incredulous snort, warmer?

How could this glass box be any warmer? With an amused grin, and a raised brow, she follows with a light bark – a laugh, that had broken from the discord of the youth’s throat.

She enters, bobbing her head when she mentions spring. Chirping enthusiastically, - I can’t wait any longer! The winters were far too long in Helovia, her blood and heart cried out for Tallsun. Many months spanned between the two seasons however, but hopefully the heralding of spring – of the living and blooming, would hasten its return.

Ru goes about helping Lyanna clear the ground of the collected snow. Stopping only when the ground appears to be cleared enough, however, the cold appears to permeate from the walls. Even though the winds appear to be diverted from within. She trills with a shiver, ruffling, puffing her wings as if to say - it’s cold, and I can feel it! But she offers a more pleasant smile.

When there seems to be a pause, beyond the native plants of ferns and mosses, she tilts her head and coos out to Lyanna. Heightening her vocals as best as she could, to mirror a questioning tone, extending her wing to nudge Lyanna's side. She wanted to know how the Moon Doctor was doing. The youth’s eyes grazed curiously across Lyanna’s face.

Ru had had no part in the recent challenge, and yet it had gathered their kind and stirred uncomfortable truths about the fragmented status of the herd. At least from an outsider’s perspective, it was hard to make sense of the nefarious nature of the battle, the accusations that had stained the air and the cacophony of mummers. What was the wild child to make of herd politics?

That it mattered little, unless it threatened the cohesiveness of the lands. Because Ru could only see strength in unity at this point, and why else would they gather and form kingdoms? There were obvious benefits, and strangely enough, those benefits wavered as its members tested its foundations. What could the results possibly yield?

Image Credits

@Lyanna      - no worries! Lots happening this time of the year. ;P
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Messages In This Thread
Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 12-22-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 12-29-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-05-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 01-07-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 01-25-2017, 01:46 PM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-30-2017, 06:37 PM