the Rift

[OPEN] Hold My Hand Against The Night

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
It’s odd to think her friend was once a princess – technically she still is. Royalty only existed in the tales told by the wise ones, or her mother. The brief memory flashes into view. She could never envision herself as one of cordial behavior, or taking time to mend relationships that had no purpose in her life. It’s hard to say whether that’s a product of Ru’s encounters with other equids, or her experiences of previous ‘herd life’; but it stands as it is. That she’s always wanted to be the one protecting, saving the ‘damsel in distress’. Having a reason to kick ass.

The thought adds a greater grin to her maw, invigorated by Lyanna’s laughs. And savors the silly idea, that she might as well be living out that once fantasy right at this moment. Because her friend was a princess after all, not that Ru saw her incapable of helping herself. On the contrary, Lyanna was perhaps more than capable, and smart and kind…

For once the warrior felt a tinge of responsibility that beamed noticeably against her soul. That she had one damn good reason to train, and work hard, and protect – because nothing could possibly replace this philia. Ru manages to giggle when she catches a change in those teal eyes; comfortable to share the gesture, even if it rattles and cracks out into the open.

A content hum replaces her earlier dissent. Ru bobs her head up, internally pleased to see that she was able to offer her friend some sort of reprieve. However small or strange it might seem. By a forgotten habit, her wings momentarily expand with her bob – and quickly clasp back to her sides as she shies away with a sober smile.

Ru listens with interest about the plants. She knew so little – really, and it was a wonder sometimes that she’d managed to live out in the wilds for so long without dying. Her gaze travels down to the uncovered, cold earth, imagining the ferns and other green things that would one day be cultivated here. Perhaps Ru wouldn’t mind nurturing the seeds, watch them grow - learn. That kind of life has the appeal of being useful. Furthermore, and more importantly, excuses spending the days in the company of friends.

When Lyanna’s voice trails off, Ru lifts her head and tilts it just so. Raising a brow as she mentions the other useful properties of ferns. It finally clicks when she follows the flick of her tail. A light giggle erupts from her lips, more like squeaks that push out succinctly from her mouth.

Mentions of future travels, and Lyanna’s offer push away Ru’s previous laughter. There isn’t a trace of annoyance that would have normally flared the girl’s feathers. Instead, her eyes almost appear to cloud over. Lips become taught and press against one another as she reiterated what was just offered.

Maybe? She wanted to say, in a hesitant voice – that was both hopeful and doubtful of the results at the same time. Or ‘Sure’. Simple, straight-forward, no questions asked or doubts uncovered.

YES!

Ru wanted to say, ‘YES’. But instead she began to bite the edge of her lip with her dull teeth, and cast her gaze out and beyond the glass that surrounded them. Through their faint reflections and the darkness of the forests surrounding them.

A moment passed, before she made a soft cooing noise. Quiet, as she made to nod. And shifted back to smile rather lopsidedly at Lyanna. However, unable to abate the tension she hid from her – wondering how long she could wait for their answers. If she could, and if any of them would reveal something worthwhile.

Image Credits

@Lyanna :: eeek! <3 Ah, I always ramble with these two -tisks-
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Messages In This Thread
Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 12-22-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 12-29-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-05-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 01-07-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Lyanna - 01-25-2017, 01:46 PM
RE: Hold My Hand Against The Night - by Ru - 01-30-2017, 06:37 PM