the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lights

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Her emotional speech was brought to an abrupt stop as Tilney injected. The harshness of his tone and the stomp of his hoof ensured her silence. Never before had he treated her as such. It delivered such shock to her system that the only thing that remained was the half smile and wide bewildered eyes. Sucking in a breath she waited for him to reveal his secrets. She waited with her heart beating in her ears, a small inkling occurring in her mind, as her mate opened his maw and spilled the dirty, putrid mess at her dainty hooves. Laying with another. Not one but two. Images upon images flashed through her mind, her father's pain at her mother's indiscretions. The mare how'd looked at Tilney with wanton eyes even as she was standing by his side. Their daughter. The little bundle of light that they had created together, pure love had bound their souls and delivered Maude to them. She was a product of their love.

Their love that was now..what? Soiled? Ruined.

Closing her eyes she didn't wish to hear any more, yet he was still speaking. Every word delivered the nail into her heart further. Opening her eyes she found his quaking green eyes held within her gaze. The doe found herself unable to look away, wanting to see a lie within his. Yet only the truth held her there, held her steady. Sucking in a breath she felt the rage of emotions swelling within her. She knew that she did not deserve this, Scoffing in response to his pained and tearful whisper, all she could manage was to shake her head in response. She was angry, yet the anger was only present because he hurt her. Something she never though he'd do to her, he was the one who protected her from the pain not the one who caused it.

"I." Biting off her words Arah fell silent. In truth she did not know what she was about to say to the stag. Shaking her head she took a moment to suck in a few deep, though admittedly shaky, breaths. "I don't think myself an innocent victim." She finally said, her voice distant and nonchalant. The doe knew her disseverance would have consequences but she'd never thought it would be something so severe. "I had thought my disappearance would cause problems..." She stopped and looked towards him, narrowing her gaze. For the first time her anger directed towards Tilney. "I just never imagined it would be something like this." Turning away she gathered her wits, her sense of self and tried to calm her boiling nerves.

Arah studied the cave wall, the ground, anything other than her mate. Because now she wanted to get the truth out of him herself, her magic on the verge of being released. She felt to need to wrench it out of him if need be. So she looked away in order to resist the temptation to pull the memories out of him. To make him tell her everything, who, when and where. But...she knew the results of laying with others. This might not be over. "Baw. Baw. Naneth on- nin polod." Her whispered, broken prayer was sent to whoever may be listening. Because she now knew what situation she was facing and she did not know if she would be able to cope. Her heart pounded, the pain burned her eyes. Maybe she was overthinking this but she had to know. Snapping her gaze back towards her mate she knew the magic was in her gaze, the anger had forced it out, the pain made it irresistible. "Tilney, please, what else?" Furiously she blinked her eyes, smothering the magic with a great deal of effort. Despite her attempts it traces of it lingered, ready to be expelled.

Baw. Baw. Naneth on- nin polod. - No. No...mother give me strength.

@Tilney
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Lights - by Arah - 12-23-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-24-2016, 01:40 AM
RE: Lights - by Arah - 12-26-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-28-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Lights - by Arah - 12-29-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Lights - by Arah - 12-29-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Lights - by Tilney - 12-30-2016, 10:15 PM