the Rift

[OPEN] Winter Bird

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

He slips further and further from reality between the dips and swings of his song. Takes him farther out from the confines of the cold earth, seeking refuge with the lights that hang overhead. In his mind they are singing with him, their beams of light wavering in the dark – continue to pierce through the death and gloom that overhangs the herd. Pushing back memories, dissolving their need to stain his mind this moment. They do not exist, despite the lyrics and songs that mourn and wrestle for their souls. He is merely a single voice in the throng of spirits herald by the Basin, squirming, chaffing against each other for reason.

Despite having lost himself, the scent has only grown stronger since his stroll. It leads him closer to the mountain walls. Among thick pine, that shudders with the quiet breeze that dare travel among the greenery. Like himself, it is naïve to the loss that cause the pine to groan. Upsetting the delicate perches of snow, going unnoticed once the dull thump of weight is left; reserved to someday melt away.

Cassius’ steps remain fixed and careful. Despite his attuned nostrils, he fails to grasp the maiden’s features until her voice pulls him out of his reverie. A discourse, a snapping that is round and nearly muted in the vacancy of his mind. The tune dissolves as he stares dumbly at the mare, inhaling her scent, ensuring her presence in the wood. The stallion would have offered his muzzle in greetings - to ensure she was not a specter. More so, the lost dog merely wanted to feel her warmth, the contact of a friend that might settle him in the denizens of the Basin.

Of course, he cannot touch her. She is like ice, her eyes – although mismatched, pierce through him like a knife to fine paper.

“P-perhaps.” Is the sound of that paper ripping, and how small and fragile he’d sounded then. A boy lost without his mother, taking the façade of a young man. It is in his nature to break out into a small smile, even if it’s due to the anxiety that quivers deep within him. The man at least, can hold his face true without the nervous twitch behind his tail – for it sways and undulates for that very reason.

“I… I think I remember you. From the meeting, but I fail to recall a name.” His confidence accompanies the more he speaks. Stutters eventually smooth out, unfold and begin to bloom radiantly from his voice. The song has finally left his head, and he gives it a light shake and a breezy inhale before dipping his head.

“Cassius, disciple.” He pauses, to allow her to speak up before he remembers something. The notion of it brightens his honeyed eyes, providing the slight tilt he casts upon the flaxen mare – her crown beholding her face, grand and elegant.

“I search for knowledge, or wisdom. If there is anything I can do or learn…” The stallion is suddenly eager, just as his voice blooms it holds steady and beseeches the stranger – herd mate – for the secrets locked and looming about them. He is suddenly aware of the purpose he now holds, unsure of how to mold or craft it on his own.  

@Enna    
oh no worries. Grumps are the best. ;P

Messages In This Thread
Winter Bird - by Cassius - 12-23-2016, 03:36 AM
RE: Winter Bird - by Enna - 01-03-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: Winter Bird - by Cassius - 01-09-2017, 03:04 PM