the Rift

pick me apart

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
I don’t even know why I’m running anymore.

Perhaps it is because my pursuers still haunt me from the back of my eyes, or that this world is entirely strange and different and unnerving, or perhaps it simply feels good to move (because if I stop, if I rest like my lungs and muscles beg me to do, then I will be chased by a different (a more malicious) demon, one that I am tired of fighting). This physical, throbbing pain is so much easier to bear.

Days, weeks, maybe even months have passed—I haven’t cared enough to count the time. All I know is despite the thick snow around me and the white breaths that fog my vision, I don’t feel the cold. My body is damp with sweat, my legs are numb, and my muscles have long-passed the point of bodily exertion. I fall unexpectedly, my legs giving out beneath me without a sign of warning, and suddenly I am tumbling through the trees before landing like a dead heap against the base of a trunk. I attempt a groan, knowing my bony middle is going to bruise.

I lay there for a long moment, in spite of my natural instincts screaming disjointed words from somewhere in the back of my head, instead choking back tearless sobs that silently grip my throat.

Is it over?
I dare to think weakly; even the tone in my mind has seemed to lose hope.

My muscles quiver violently when I finally try to use them. I’m like a child, unbalanced and graceless as I struggle again and again to my feet. When at last I am standing, I haven’t the will left to travel any further. Pressing my shoulder against the rough tree, I lower my eyes, blinking away the hair that has stuck to my clammy, sweat-slicked skin. All the while thinking how good it would feel to let go and cry.

notes; Open to anyone and everyone!
“Speech.”
mihtal

image | coding
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-25-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Kiuaji - 12-25-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-27-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 12-29-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-30-2016, 03:47 AM