the Rift

pick me apart

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Najya watched Mihtal with keen interest, but I do not wish her to feel as if this is an inquisition. Her secrets are her own to have and to hold if she so chooses. Some who step through this Threshold elect to begin anew and leave their ghosts at the doorstep, others find that doing so is an impossible task. Najya had attempted to continue running from hers past the far reaches of the herd lands until she was standing at the edge of the sea. And then they’d all caught up with her - forcing her to stare down her demons that she’d been too afraid to face. She didn’t know what lurked in Mihtal’s past - what made the woman skittish and wary - and she wasn’t going to be the one to ask. But she did fervently hope that she too would find the sanctuary that she had found among the sands.

She tries to measure the mare’s reaction, but is careful about reading too much into her hesitation just because of the very nature of where they are. The little mare is, however, pleased when Mihtal takes up her offer of food and water. At least then Najya’s anxiety of the woman would have the physical stamina to make the trip, for she was certainly worried about her physical well being first and foremost.

Even though frostfall was waning, Najya wanted to ensure that the closest source of water was not frozen. Unlike the previous year when frostfall had refused to relent, already the air felt warmer - no longer did her lungs burn with each step further north. That still did not mean that the current conditions were at all pleasant for the thin-blooded desert mare. Water over here, A’mal calls from her perch high in the trees, Not frozen. Food too. The tiny dragon had reacted to her bond mate’s discomfort and new that answers would provide much more comfort than anything else. Thanks flooded the bond as Najya chanced a glance up at the trees, but the dragon was well concealed among the wide branches.

“Follow me - it’s just this way,” Najya said, simply, before dipping her head towards the stallion and moving off towards where she knew there to be water. It only took a few moments, and Najya was careful to monitor Mihtal’s progress before the thin trickle of water came into view. “We can rest for a bit and wait until you’re feeling refreshed before heading south. And please let me know if it’s too taxing - we can find a safe place to rest before continuing.”

N A J Y A
Image Credit

@Mihtal

I'll post to get her rank changed and we can end this thread here and pick it up in the Throat :D

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-25-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Kiuaji - 12-25-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-27-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 12-29-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 12-30-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 12-31-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: pick me apart - by Mihtal - 01-02-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: pick me apart - by Najya - 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM