the Rift

[OPEN] Dreams Fight with Machines

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Kirchoff was whining and dancing from one paw to another, obviously distressed. But, over the sound of his companion descending into emotional pain, he heard light steps and cracked open his bronze eye again. His heart turned over in his chest when he saw his son approach. Ulrik wasn't sure he could feel much, but he knew he loved his son. With whatever he had and whatever he was made of, he loved his children. The stallion blinked and his brow creased when Amalrik nosed the side of his face, the sensation like a ghost.

His son told him he didn't want his things, and he didn't blame the boy for his anger. Ulrik had never been close to his family. In fact, he barely knew who his father was. Torleik had been his closest family as a boy, and then he had joined a band of misfits and assholes who barely understood why he never spoke and made horrific war machines. Until Helovia, he had wandered with hatred and bitterness in his heart. He hadn't known his heart could beat with anything but loathing and ego until he had first laid eyes upon Rikyn.

That's when it all changed. He didn't regret a single moment.

"Sorry kid," he offered quietly, lips turning up for a final smile. "The world ain't fair. But, I've lived... a long time, and I've had the honor of watching you and your siblings... You changed me. Made me a better man. You'll never know how much..." he trailed off, blinking and looking up at the sky again.

"You'll never know what it was like to feel... for the first time." He hummed quietly and let out a heavily exhale.

"My son." In this simple sentence of only two words, he spoke the volumes of his heart and shouted his love.

Ulrik breathed for as long as he could, looking up at the pale blue sky and wondering what laid beyond. Would the God of Time come to claim him in death? Would he simply cease to exist? Would he travel through the universe and see the stars up close? He would like that, he thought. Finally, he would get to understand the mysteries of the world. He would know everything. His heart was full and his mind was eager.

He exhaled for the last time and the large, metal wolf that hovered over him slowly came to a whirring quiet. Every circuit failed to function without the magic of its creator, and the pulsing, red eyes ceased to glow - never to awaken again.

Kirchoff howled, feeling his soul being torn into pieces. The hell hound crawled up into Ulrik's chest fluff and whined, unable to handle the pain of the loss of his other half. He had no use in living with only part of his soul remaining, and thus he passed too, into the beyond.

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Dreams Fight with Machines - by Ulrik - 12-26-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Amalrik - 12-27-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Ulrik - 12-27-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Rikyn - 12-27-2016, 01:00 PM