the Rift

[OPEN] winter wandering [patrol]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
so I take off my face, because it reminds me how it all went wrong
but I leave in my heart because I don't want to stay in the dark

Mesec was accustomed to walking everywhere while his foals were young - until they learned how to fly, he had no intention of leaving them behind while he went ahead. So now that he had a small kitsune kit to take care of, not-flying wasn’t all that terrible. Lyra often asked him to fly but he had no way to ensure that she would stay in place once he had taken to the air - and what if she should fall? While Lucius might find that an appealing risk to take, he was certainly the only one of the trio.

They weren’t heading anywhere particular today, more wandering for the sake of it - to show Lyra the world of Helovia - but really all of their eyes were scanning the lands they travelled through for signs of Virga. Perhaps his young son had gone to see his mother - Mesec had to hope that he was alright, wherever he was. And when they were reunited, he resolved to be a better father in the hopes that it would encourage the young boy to stay.

After all, could it really be a coincidence that he had taken the twins into his care not long before Virga had left?

Such troublesome thoughts plagued him and before he knew it they had wandered up to the Heavenly Fields - the very place that Lucius had hatched. While the zephyr flew on, Mesec and Lyra took a more leisurely pace until a call from Lucius alerted them that he had found something. Someone that Mesec’s eldest companion was quite fond of.

Najya.

Mesec was at once swept up in a dizzying combination of guilt and utter excitement but the excitement won out as he called out to his friend, practically without realizing he did so. “Najya!!” It was a gut reaction, a brightening of his entire face when he recognized the friend he had brought to the Throat before promptly leaving her behind there. Lucius was circling above her and she was easy enough to spot up here and he trotted towards her with little Lyra left to hurry after him. “My dear friend how good it is to see you! How have you been?” That question when returned would undoubtedly cause Mesec’s troubled mind to twist into turmoil but he could ignore that for not as his silver eyes lighted upon the dragon acting playfully in the snow. “And who is that?!”

art by astralseed at deviantart.com

@Najya :D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
winter wandering [patrol] - by Najya - 12-29-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: winter wandering [patrol] - by Mesec - 01-19-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: winter wandering [patrol] - by Najya - 01-25-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: winter wandering [patrol] - by Mesec - 02-15-2017, 08:08 PM