the Rift

[PRIVATE] Phantom Pains

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Long, soft ears twitched to herald the arrival of another. Cherubic face tilted towards the skies and the disturbance of the air beneath the weighted wings of a pegasus, blinking against the strike of the sun across his vision. It halos across his retinas as Mathéo comes into view, painting the youth in colors of gold and white that slowly disappear with each owlish blink. Peculiarly spoken greeting does nothing to dissuade the friendly forger, who smiles warmly in greeting as the colt descends, golden toes like music on the dark rock. Cera twisted his limber body against the contrasting ache of his chest scar to greet Mathéo properly instead of showing his hindquarters awkwardly. 

"Hello! Mathéo, yes? I don't mind at all, I'd love the company." The sun child tilted his head inquisitively towards the boy as he hopes to guess his name correctly, recalling the ashen child's stance at his mother's side the day Sikeax lost her throne. Cera smiles apologetically in case he is incorrect and sweeps a wing  back towards his flank in a subtle invitation to come closer and engage in conversation. "I'm afraid my companion is far better at names than I am," he laughs, unafraid to poke fun at his own flaws. It was true the red panda had a far better catalog of those they'd met than the Prince. Perhaps he relied on her too heavily when it came to socialization, he thought to himself with a snicker. 

Assuming that Mathéo desires to walk, or that he had come there for a reason aside from the chance meeting occurring above the fires, Cera swivels on his hooves and continues his route along the thin edge of the Heart. Even so he cannot help how his eyes drag to the child's wings, alight in sunlight that could not be present in such a manner physically. Afraid that he was staring, he cleared his throat in soft apology. "I'm sorry for staring, it's just...may I ask who your father was? You're Aithniel's son, right? Your magic...it reminds me of Gaucho. It's very beautiful," he admits, awe in his vocals as he gives himself permission to let his gaze linger over the beautiful boy's growing frame washed in sunlight. Then he promptly realizes what he said and jerks his head away, scowling at himself. Do colts prefer to be called handsome, these days? And what is he thinking "these days" he's not that old! 

Cera can almost hear Ilaria's mocking laughter in his head from miles away. 

"Maybe I'm not the best company," he laughs instead, feeling the weight of his own excessive words like a weight across his poll. Maybe he'd been alone for too long. 

Stubbornly using the alt codes for Mathéo's name because I can't pronounce it right in my head otherwise guhhh
IMAGE CREDIT

@Mathéo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Pains - by Cera - 12-30-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Phantom Pains - by Mathèo - 01-01-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Phantom Pains - by Cera - 01-07-2017, 10:15 PM
RE: Phantom Pains - by Mathèo - 01-17-2017, 03:25 PM