the Rift

[PRIVATE] Howling ghosts, they reappear

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

The gold’s reaction should be familiar, if one has ever watched a scared pup cower from a perceived threat, only to realize that the danger was entirely non-existent, and return after substantial sniffing around and wary observation. Wide eyes narrow as she watches the winged behemoth take notice of a trinket on the ground before him - she does not look away to see her own - not yet, but studies the giant as he moves. The easy grin, his relaxed body language, and the warm cheer from the tree cast him all in a favorable light.

The thing is that Yael doesn’t want to see any smooth-talking man in a favorable light. She shakes her head, more to herself than anyone else. A new life here is fine and manageable while she can shut her heart up in a tempered steel cage and throw the key into a swamp. Not knowing how she came to be here, or what has happened to her family is a bitter pill that she can swallow every day. Living a mortal life means that one day, this too, shall pass. But flirting? Oh no, that small, unwanted compliment is too much for her fragile psyche to accept - not when she’d inadvertently killed the last stallion who hit on her.

Lyanna’s worried voice grabs her attention, and rather than draw someone else into her own little mindfuck headspace, Yael denies her assistance. She can’t quite see the teal-and-black mare over (or through) the mass of horses, so she tries to call out in a reassuring manner. “Leeanna! I ahm fine. I vill meet you back at ze Edge,” before turning back to Gaal. When she does, she finds him… simply breathing. Leisurely. Measured. As if he’d taken some sort of Lamaze class and was trying to guide her into calmness with gently flared nostrils. Again, Yael takes his multiple colors in, his great big wings, and his towering, broad body.

A swallow (gulp), as tall ears swivel to catch his low question. “Yael.” Yah-el, she says, in a markedly foreign lilt. Her tongue flips fluently over words, but always in an acrobatic way, for it could not ever simply ‘walk’ between syllables - that would be too easy. “I ahm sorree,” she offers as an explanation. “You remind me of a ghost.”

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Graasvoel

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
Howling ghosts, they reappear - by Yael - 12-30-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Howling ghosts, they reappear - by Graasvoel - 01-16-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Howling ghosts, they reappear - by Yael - 01-16-2017, 10:50 PM
RE: Howling ghosts, they reappear - by Graasvoel - 02-26-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Howling ghosts, they reappear - by Yael - 02-28-2017, 06:10 PM