the Rift

[OPEN] To Honor The Dead {Gathering, Crafting}

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

The day had gone by in a daze, a fugue state only enhanced by the late winter rain. It seemed as if time - even if her lands were ruled by him - was slipping through her fingers like molasses. What now? After all of this...her happiest day had turned into her darkest, where she found herself without direction or companionship. A sole matriarch over a crumbling empire, that mourned their king who had served them faithfully for so long. Don't need to decide now, Alice gently probed into her mind, trying to comfort her. Pack will work until we heal. Hotaru was reluctant to believe her, feeling so lost in the wake of the absence of her friend and co-leader.

He had taught her so much. He had agreed to Ophelia's recommendation of Hotaru, lifted her to his side and granted her the grace and serenity of Ladyship. She owed him so much, and he was gone. Leaving her the only leader of one of the most historic herds in Helovia. The sole parent of a family that was only just beginning to heal in the first place without the added wound of his absence.

Nonetheless she walks. She patrols. She seeks the solace of her own company and thoughts, trailing along the borders with slow intentional purpose. Alice accompanies her, the only soul she can accept right now. It is she who notices Eldala's approach, probes gently at her bonded's mind to grab her attention as softly as she can.

Her name falls from the mare's lips, and though her spin prickles with distaste, logically she knows they cannot hesitate any longer on their defenses. Especially with Deimos' absence, the one who had superior skills on the battleground compared to the Valkyrie. She turns to face the weaver, and though she doesn't do it consciously, her bodice strengthens and lifts itself to a more dominant position. Lifting her cloak of grace around herself to be the Lady that her herd needs.

"Eldala," she speaks softly, Alice momentarily eyeing the goat with curled lips before Hotaru shoots her a glance and the hellhound settles. "Yes, that would be great. I think we should have two trip wires, with a gap between for others to come through. If we were ever under attack, the forces would have to trickle in two by two at the most, and we could cut them off far easier." Then she realizes that she doesn't know what Eldala has been doing in her spare time and glances around for any materials. Not that Eldala would have lugged them along with her, she assumed. "Do you have the materials for that? I'm sure we can hook up the initial wires to more that will trigger some sort of siege, but for now...merely being a nuisance will have to be enough." Her shoulders are weary, and her face must appear even more so, but now isn't the time for hesitation or doubt. They have to keep moving forward.

I'm not a girl, I'm storm with skin

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Honor The Dead {Gathering, Crafting} - by Hotaru - 12-31-2016, 12:42 AM