the Rift

[OPEN] To Honor The Dead {Gathering, Crafting}

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

CAPRO responds to the pale queen's small huff of laughter with a series of joyous bounces about in a circle. When his bonded returns the young buck sidles closer to the hellhound, proffering a sniff if the lady of terror allows him. She's so weird he can't help but want to get a closer look. This doesn't mean he's not fully prepared to skitter away across the ground if she snaps at him. He was reckless but not completely stupid enough to forget their first encounter.

Meanwhile, the Lady Reigning was clearly doing her best to put her land's Weaver at ease. The older mare's efforts were not wasted. The spread of the smile, the slow but kind words, they all had an obvious effect on the hazelnut youth. Eldala fairly beams under the praise, her nervousness lessening the longer the other mare remained friendly.

"Two medium lengths it is!" Comes her initial exclamation but Lady Hotaru's next phrase makes her giggle. "I may be young, but my Weaving skills are as solid as my stallion seduction skills are lacking. (Which is very)"  She was sure the mixture of bark and spare wool would allow the rope a nice, light tan tone. Eldala waits for Hotaru's response while she shreds and shuffles the materials into a well-balanced pile. Soon though, she is done and closes her eyes to call upon the gifted well of magic that resides inside her soul.

As the magic begins to work she fills the waiting time with a small story about her past. "Back home, where I came from, my family was very...politically oriented." Sure, lets put it down to only politics. Not like her mother had been a princess. Naw. "My father was a great philosopher, my mother very political, and Arion was the strategist and military man. There was a lot of pressure on me to be something and I hated it. At first, I started apprenticing to crafters as a rebellion because it was the only thing our family just did not do." She chuckles again at that. Oh, how young she'd been the first time she'd ran away to the Industry and Arts Sector.

Here and now, the rhythmic whirring of the materials as they were swept up set a sort of soothing music in the air. "But I soon found the straightforward, simplistic nature of learning to dye and weave things appealed to me. They never lie, you see, and you can't lie to them. After a few months the idea of crafting just stuck. I could always turn to it when I was in need of something to calm my soul." She offers the older mare a kind smile. With a dry slurp the last of the material whirls into the rope and it falls to the ground beside the other medium sized twine. They might just be two bits of rope but, by and large, they were her most cohesive creations yet. The small bit of wool added to the mixture gave it a lighter, soft sort of tone and there were very few irregularities. Johnny, if he were here, would be quite proud. "There we are, these should be quite strong." She loops and knots makeshift stakes to the ropes before picking them up, "Shall we place them now?"

Image Credit

OOC: Obvoiusly, there are spaces for Hotaru to respond/interject/etc but I just power wrote it out so we can finish. Feel free to write whatever words you like etc.

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Honor The Dead {Gathering, Crafting} - by Eldala - 12-31-2016, 10:47 PM