the Rift

[OPEN] child support

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae looked towards Sabia, wondering what it must be like to voluntarily come out of the woodwork just because someone showed up on the borders. Without her recent rank change, Tae would have let the two antlered creatures walk up and down the beach all day long. She literally couldn't comprehend what it would be like to care that much about the well fair of others. Empathy certainly had nothing to do with her recent rise to the position of Sun Physician, and she would be all the stronger for it.

Tae's mandible-marked skull bobbed as she moved towards where the bridge stood, silent and nearly invisible. Was she aware that she didn't have a key? Of course she was. Such a thing could not possibly slip her mind. Had that stopped her from acting as if she could bring them across? Of course not.

However as Tilney mentioned that he was here for another matter, a private matter, Tae's interest was suddenly piqued. His words were like reading a headline on some trashy novella cover, or a throw-away gossip magazine that once they caught your eye, you were helpless to look away.

Then he said the magic words.

I wish to locate a woman by the name of Nephele. Could you tell me where I might find her?

"No, I couldn't tell you that." Tae replied, her voice like a silvery snake as it left her lips. "She made a play for lead a few weeks back.." Tae began, her voice casual as her eyes calmly scanned the sea. "It didn't go so well. I've not seen much of her around since." The venom in her voice was nearly palpable, as was the pleasure. "But she still remains a warrior on our sands, so she's bound to be around somewhere."

The mare's attitude towards Nephele was not particularly kind, but with Sikeax's recent departure the healer had no real place to relocate her wrath. Aithniel and she had been successful in their play to remove Sikeax, and although part of her approved of Nephele's strategy (and of course, her heart), she was easy to cast in the role of betrayer, just as Sikeax was.

As they neared the bridge, Tae stopped, a forgetful smile sweeping the sides of her mandible-marked mouth. "Oh! I seem to have forgotten my key." Tae muttered, head shaking slightly. Her white eyes turned towards Sabia. "Have you got one?" She asked, knowing full-well that the mare didn't.

"This silly bridge." She said apologetically to Tilney, head still shaking slightly. "Well, I've sent my wolves to fetch the other healers. I'll just have them find someone with a key as well."

tae
Throw me to the wolves
& I'll come back leading the pack
Image by Lunarblues !

@Nephele - feel free to say Mal or Hel found her if you want!

Messages In This Thread
child support - by Tilney - 12-31-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: child support - by Aelfwine - 01-01-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: child support - by Tae - 01-01-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: child support - by Tilney - 01-02-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: child support - by Tae - 01-02-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: child support - by Sabia - 01-02-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: child support - by Tilney - 01-03-2017, 03:43 AM
RE: child support - by Tae - 01-03-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: child support - by Nephele - 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: child support - by Najya - 01-03-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: child support - by Tilney - 01-04-2017, 01:44 PM